My Mama and Hospice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mama and Hospice

We signed my Mama up on Hospice last week. A sad, sad day, but a day of relief too. I will finally have some help with caring for her.

My Mama and Hospice

God bless you Luv and your mama too.
    Taking care of a loved one is a very hard job. It will take everything out of you. I'm so happy to hear that you will have some help. Take care of yourself too.
    :l Nancy"Belle"
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

Hi Luv. First huge warm loving hugs to you.
      Hopsice stepped in when it was my mom's time to go, and also when my brother was dieing a few years later. It is such are relief to the family, and they are so compassionate and helpful. And such good advocates for the patients. My mom was in a coma her last week, and the hospital was ready to send her home cuz medicare wouldn't pay once there was no hope left. But hospice came in and demanded she stay, and picked up the bill. My brother was at my sister's house, and a hospice nurse came every day to help with his meds and such.

I think too that acceptance begins to settle in at this point, which hard as it is, is a good thing overall.
      Breathe, Luv.

I wish you and your family, and especially Mama, much peace.
      xoxoxox
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

My dad, who I was a caregiver for, also went through Hospice. I consider them Angels on Earth. What they did for me and my family was beyond a blessing. I am praying for you both Luv.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

A sad and wise thing for you to have done. I looked after my first husband at home while he was dying. It was hard and heartbreaking for me and I was an emotional mess afterwards.
          Lushy just about says it all.
          This will allow you time to be kind and gentle to yourself.

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

hospice stepped in when i could no longer care for my sister and her husband could no longer do it as well. eventually i needed to have her in a home as that was the best place for her but i will say even there she had the best care possible. it is as all has said, it is about receiving the best care possible. i'm proud of you for moving forward. you are brave, wise and beautiful. and i love you with all my heart sister. love boots
            :welcome:

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

I believe it has all been said. I love you and I'm praying for you and your mom.

:huggy

bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

Luv, my older sister is a hospice nurse and she loves her work. She sees it as a privilege and an honor. She also has told me that it is far from depressing. It is hardest on those left behind. For those going on to a better place, it is most often welcoming. It really is a better place....remember that.
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

Luv,

Praying for you and your mama. I know they can give her the love and care in hospice that is so difficult to do on your own. This is better for her and better for you and your children.

You are in my heart, Luv. :l

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

thinking of you luvuall bella xxxx

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

Luv, everyone posting before me has said it all so beautifully and eloquently. I was a caregiver to my mom (without help from any family member) until she passed away two years ago, and my dad and grandmother before that. You (and mama) are blessed to have hospice available to you both.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your mama is in the best place for her and for you! You will have the time to love and cherish her.

love, S:h :h :h

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

thinking of you Luv. :h rudemama

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

I am very grateful to hvae Hospice it is hard to admit you need help, but I was starting to backslide from depression and it is the best choice. She is still here at home with us so it isn't like I won't be with her daily, but I have support now.

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

PS...thank-you all for your kind words!!!!

Comment

My Mama and Hospice

Luv, big hugs coming your way ......
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X