Finances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finances

I can drink $15-$20 in wine a night...let's just say it's $15. That's $105 a week and $5,460 a year. In order for me to have that $5,460 to spend on wine, I have to earn approximately $10,920 before taxes. In five years, that's $54,600 in earnings...in ten years, $109,200, and I'm betting the price of wine goes up before then. Do you know how excited we'd be to win $55,000 or $110,000 on a lottery ticket and get to feel better at the same time? Just my rambling thoughts.......

Finances

Oh I hear u. With two drinkers in the house we spend a LOT when we drink. I don't even want to do the arithmatic! A very good reason to curtail or stop for sure.

Comment

Finances

After my heavy drinking (and I mean HEAVY) ex-bf moved out and I subsequently cut WAY back on drinking myself, I have yet to meet a day when I didn't have money for groceries or had to float checks to pay bills (which I did regularly before). Seems like I have a ton more money now - I love it!!!
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Finances

it is interesting isn't it? that is what i was spending and then more so when i went to dinner. so when i went to lenair and spent $3200 on the program to be done with drinking. well let's just say it didn't seem like a big expense compared to how much i was spending on booze. when i did the math i figured wow i'd be saving maybe up to 1,000 a month even. phew......
        :welcome:

Comment

Finances

Yes, I hear you all. I don't make very much money and this is a ridiculous waste!!!!!!
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Finances

Yep, we spend/spent between $15 - $40 a DAY depending on what we drank.
            That has now cut down. We sometimes put our "drinking money" in a tin for a couple of weeks and then use it to buy theatre tickets etc. As I think Sartori said some months ago, very expensive way to do a wee.

Comment

Finances

Yes I agree and lets not forget,at least for me, those online purchases that come in the mail a week later and you say, WTF, did I order that??

Comment

Finances

One of my main motivators (a side from the health issues) was the savings in mooola! My ex, and myself were pretty heavy drinkers and could spend about 200 easy in a week - ridiculous!!!!

I am glad you are excited about your savings! Put it in a tip jar for something special!

Comment

Finances

Gumby;251733 wrote: Yes I agree and lets not forget,at least for me, those online purchases that come in the mail a week later and you say, WTF, did I order that??
                  YUP!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Finances

@ Gumby: :H Yes! I've got some horrible dinner plates and a weird exercise machine that I certainly would never have ordered sober!
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Finances

Gumby, You made me laugh...I thought I was the only person who'd done that! You're right...got to add that to the "budget".

Comment

Working...
                      X