Favorite Time to Drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Time to Drink

MY favorite time is between 4 and 7 PM. Mostly when I am cooking dinner. Somehow that just rings a Pavlovian bell for me.uch: Being in the kitchen just makes me crave a glass of wine. :blush: I really struggle with it and most days I lose the struggle. Just being honest.

Harlequin
    The Harlequin -- Good for a Laugh!

Favorite Time to Drink

I can relate. Nothing like winding down from a hard days work and having a drink. Especially when cooking dinner with the t.v. on. Drinking makes the task of having to start dinner, do laundry, tackle bills, etc... a lot easier. As you know, eventually this daily Happy Hour leads to an unforgiving habit. As hard as this is, break your routine by drinking water, juice or NA beer/wine instead. I know it's a lot harder to do then it sounds, however, these little changes add up, and you will be better for it in the long run.
    September 23, 2011

Comment

Favorite Time to Drink

Hmmmm, 6pm seems to be a favourite time for so many of us. I've stopped cooking with wine so I don't have to drink the remainder after I've put the required amount into the recipe. So I've taken care of 6 pm...... it's the 7:30 pm that still gets me.

Comment

Favorite Time to Drink

I know that 5:00 p.m. seems to be my time and quite frankly for me I think it helps give me an ending to a long day and something to look forward to in the evening as most of my evening's are incredibly boring.. same old, same old, dinner, laundry, watching my daughter's t.v. shows with her (who doesn't need a glass of wine to get through yet another rerun of Zoey101!!!!) My husband works many nights so I am often alone with my children and do get incredibly lonely...

Comment

Favorite Time to Drink

I really connect with this! And yet, nil desperandum....! I found that after a long period of AF (100 days) I really had lost the memory/habit of 'that' time...

Now I sometimes smile to myself (with gratitude and not self-satisfaction, honest!) when I realise that it's 7.30 pm and I haven't even thought about the time.

I found myself a drink that I like - lemon soda/seltzer, somtimes with ginger cordial, and a splash of bitters, which a friend agreed was a 'soft drink with sophistication'! - but never, ever allow myself to have it before 6pm in any day...It has become a safe and enjoyable relaxer now and one I actually prefer (I am lucky enough to mod if I want) and one I enjoy.

So, both the 'witching hour' and the relaxing time have been sorted....

Years ago I used to say I wished there was another drink than alcohol that signified the end of the day, or a time to relax before the next bit...but I just didn't realise how important it was to damned well find one and MAKE it a new habit until I had fallen badly over my wishy washy desire for that 'non alcoholic relaxer'! And wishy washy grew into a growing problem with alcohol...

So, don't fall into my wishy washy trap! Go make
          that new habit! Your wellbeing and happiness depend on it!

(And I go on at this - I pray I never get complacent!)

Good luck!
          FMS xx
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Favorite Time to Drink

Oh yes.....SO agree with all of this! :H I used to love starting the evening meal with a large glass of cold white wine in my hand (or a gin and tonic so stiff it could have stirred the soup lol)......

Like Finding I found other things to drink....although at the moment there is nothing much I like so I don't bother!

Another tip is to make the evening meal ahead of time so there is no time spent in the kitchen at the witching hour......either salads (ok - easier in the summer!) or a slow cooker. You have to be disciplined to fit making that meal into an earlier part of the day, but it can be done. And if it helps you...go for it!

It is a fantastic feeling to have gone past your old 'happy hour' without realising it....

Love

Suze x
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Favorite Time to Drink

Hi Suze....it is a good feeling isn't it?! And I hope you find it soon guys... Love the stiff enough to stir the soup!! Eeek!

Just a PS....the other thing I did/do is to only drink my drink sitting down while the spuds are cooking or whatever....I wont have it with me in the kitchen....I have it beside me with a wee bowl of nibbles and the TV or whatever...all sort of 'genteel' !!!! :H But it works...before the old wine just slipped down by the cooker without my being fully aware of it....what a waste! (Of both wine and awareness - and my sanity!)

Go for it....wishing you all you need!
              Love FMS xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Favorite Time to Drink

Sooo true, FMS!! That glass those glasses) of wine just keep slipping down. Last night was a slip all right. A full bottle before sitting down to eat! The usual stupid feeling today.

Back to work!

Harlequin
                The Harlequin -- Good for a Laugh!

Comment

Favorite Time to Drink

Yup thats my most critial time OF insanity! 90 days on Friday FREE!

Luv Ripple~
                  :h

Comment

Favorite Time to Drink

ooooooooooohhh Ripple,
                    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X