Cold Turkey New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Turkey New Year

Hi there, i used to belong to this site a few years ago and came back today just to look, very impressed, many great new sections though don't recognise many of the old names who used to post. I've been battling with myself for about 5 years and midway through that I did the MWO with supplements & CDs but without the drugs and wasn't exactly successful, found it really hard. I loved the hypno CDs but got confused, because i wasn't ready to give it up so tried to do control drinking which didn't work for me. When that didn't work i reverted back to not bothering, drinking 3-4 times week x 1 bottle champagne all to myself, and have not grown really since that time, just getting by day by day. I'm fed up with myself, my life or lack thereof, and realise it's now or never, I don't want to battle this battle and hate the hate in 10 years time. I've stopped, cold turkey, not counting days but can say I haven't had a drink since New Year's. The first few days were emotionally hard but now I feel so much healthy, sleeping well and don't miss it. I'm worried though when i go back to work I'll get stressed:upset: I'm maybe still in denial, I don't want to put anything else in my mouth, pills. I'm trying to do the Secret thing and think only positive thoughts. Anyway, wish everyone well in their journeys.

Cold Turkey New Year

Welcome back, Angel Girl. I'm glad that you want to try again. Many people have quit using the support from this site, and we have many active members at this time.

I hope you will reconsider using some of the supplements, though, particularly l-glutamine and kudzu. So many members swear by them. I think that some people need high doses of them, particularly at first.

You do seem to have a lot of willpower, though! I wish you all the best in your journey.

:welcome:

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Cold Turkey New Year

Welcome from me too Angel Girl! Already stopping for "however many days" is tremendous.
      Keep posting, and like YAH said, your willpower seems steady. We're here!

Comment

Cold Turkey New Year

Hi Angel
        Welcome back. Yellowglen Pinoit Noir chardonnay is my drop, but getting better, and saving money and my liver.
        You sound as if you are doing fine so far. Rather than thinking negative thoughts about what might happen can you change it round to positive thoughts about when you go back to work?
        You've made a terrific start to your commitment, and every day you can become more free to let good things happen and relish in what being AF feels like.
        I'm with you on this journey.

Comment

Cold Turkey New Year

Champers

Don't talk to me about Yellowglen! Danger overload, Pink was my favourite. I'm trying to be strong, if I do think about it, i quickly remind myself how much i've felt like crap over the years and hated myself:upset: You are right though, i do need to find something positive about work, I'm restarting yoga classes as the spirituality really helps me calm down and I find that coffee is a trigger during the workday as I drink more and more to get work done, which is bad because then i need the wine to calm down, so I'm limiting it to 2 a day. I really need to succeed. I've tried to cut down and failed so many times. Thanks for well wishes

Comment

Cold Turkey New Year

Oh, Angel girl!! I know what you mean about coffee being one of your triggers. Me too!! Someone was just telling that I shouldn't try to lose weight, cut back on caffiene and quit drinking all at once. But it all ties in together for me. My dr told me years ago that my weight problem stems from not eating enough. I ate (still do sometimes) about once a day, which shuts down the metabolism. Why do I eat only once a day....because of all the damn caffiene. That's why it's in so many diet pills. It really does curb the appetite. Then, like you, I get those caffiene jitters and I used to reach for the beer to calm me down!

So I try to cut back on the caffiene too. And I am learning that I have to force my self to eat in the morning, especially with the coffee. It helps. If you don't eat in the morning, try anything, even if it's just a few crackers.

Good Luck, hun!! I'm with you.

Love, Me
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Cold Turkey New Year

Well done girl

Hello angel. :goodjob:
              Not big on counting days either. Makes me too consumed with AL. Just want to forget AL and not focus on him/her ever again. Unfortunately must be vigilant forever. Same as you about pills yet, guzzling AL didn?t seem to count??? Never liked champers or any taste of AL only ever drank to drop [drop as in drop down not last drop]. We just had over 40c heat wave down in Melbourne how is it for you up there?
              Kind regards
              Victory
              :h

Comment

Working...
              X