• Show
Clear All

start me

Beatle, are you suffering?

Comment

start me

Hey Rocky....I'm so sorry...
      What do YOU think is holding you back?
      You did it before and we all know that you can do it again.
      Spill your guts here man......we can take it.
      Nancy )
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

start me

Hey, Rocky!

Getting started is the HARDEST part, I feel. Just take it one hour at a time if you can. Keep checking in!

Comment

start me

Hi Rocky, nice to see you back.. Well, you know that a winner never quits, and a quitter never wins.. I know you are a winner because you are still here, still looking to beat this thing. The only advice I can offer is to say, don't keep looking at the top of the mountain, just concentrate on the path right in front of you.. If we try to see this thing of not drinking anymore in all its entirety it becomes a bit like trying to imagine the nothingness of the entire universe, it can frighten you and also seem so daunting, so just go with each day and try when you wake up each morning to tell yourself that you don't WANT to drink today. Don't tell yourself that you can't drink, that just puts restrictions on you, then you end up making comprises about how much you will or won't drink, and the whole day goes by with you thinking of nothing else. As I said, make the decision, then get on with whatever you want to do. Its not easy, but then, anything worthwhile never is..

Much love to you,

Louise xxx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

start me

Sorry to see you suffering Rocky.

What you really have to do is create a sense of urgency - in your own mind. Drown yourself in non drinking behaviours - go to AA if you need, read, talk to your Dr/Counsellor/trusted friend. Surf the net. Go and buy nice food and drink for your fridge. Join a class - DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES.

You know what to do, stop putting it off.
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

start me

Rocky,

Starting is very hard. I quit for 4 weeks, and then I fell. I am now starting all over again, I am really disappointed but, during that 4 weeks, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had first imagined. I actually had to WORK at drinking again but became a pro again in a couple days. It really didn't smell or taste that good.

You can do this - we all can! Read some posts by Satori, he really helped me in the beginning. Thinking about how fun life is without AL. Some of us are starting again with you.

Take care of yourself!

Love
              Jigger

Comment

start me

Welcome back Rocky... glad you are back with us and still trying....
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

start me

Just keep on trying Rocky, and listen to all of the wonderful advice.

We are all rooting for you.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

start me

Rocky, was checkin back to see how this thread was doin. And mostly you....how ya doin Rock?

one of your favorite stalking angels...
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

start me

Rocky ........ where are you love .....

Come back you bugger you ...

Missin you and love you ..........
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                      X