I lost my JOB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost my JOB!

Dont worry hun.. itll get better... i lost my job last year before christmas... went home and drank myself into a stupor! BUt honestly the next day i felt empowered! And despite making myself sick with alcohol i was able to carry on... im still fighting the alchy demon but im in a better position and my career is progressing.. dont give up!

Was your outburst due to being drunk?

Comment

I lost my JOB!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your job, Shik. This will be a great time to take stock of things, decide what you really want to do. It does sound like you have a good skill set. But, I will be honest, you do need to get control of the alcohol. You know, whether we are drunk or sober, as long as we are drinking, our thought processes are not accurate, stable or balanced.

Things can definitely turn around for you. But, it is really up to you to take the steps to get your life in order. I wish you only the best and hope that this will be a fresh start.

Best of Luck!
      KateH
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I lost my JOB!

Sh3LLz;253215 wrote: Dont worry hun.. itll get better... i lost my job last year before christmas... went home and drank myself into a stupor! BUt honestly the next day i felt empowered! And despite making myself sick with alcohol i was able to carry on... im still fighting the alchy demon but im in a better position and my career is progressing.. dont give up!

Was your outburst due to being drunk?
        I don't know what I would do without all of you... yes, I had been drinking all week... guess what? The VMs had a grip on me that Satan couldn't break.

I need to break the pattern; I need to break the habit. This is a habit, PEOPLE! I have to develop a new habit.

I'm not as sicky this evening as I was this morning. My stomach finally settled down about 3:00 p.m.

I am definitely going to take that advice, Kate... I think that is part of the reason why I just up and SKIPPED! I didn't want to be there; the stress DROVE me to drinking.

I hate how I left the firm in a lurch, but it was either GET OUT NOW or face jail time.

I also felt empowered too, but I felt guilty for treating the partners that way, after they had all been so nice to me.

They'll get over, though. It's clear I have some issue. They just don't know what it is!

The VMs were KILLING ME... literally.

You know, Suki, I was so messed up when I first came here. I've struggled to turn it around but it hasn't been going well. I don't know who many VMs I consumed last night, but I was down for the count! I thought about Kate telling me to put the thoughts of suicide out of my head. I was actually able to sustain those thoughts, surprisingly.

I can't get unemployment because I left willingly. I'm just going to relax for the next few weeks and "lay low". If that means staying in the house, so be it.

Went and got a pedicure and an eyebrow wax, so I'm feeling somewhat better mentally.

Yesterday was bad... but today is a new day and so is tomorrow. I just hate I hurt people who have been nice to me.

Comment

I lost my JOB!

Shikakai - So sorry for your loss of job, but as I can see you hated being there anyway. May be your self concious wanted this to happen. Anyway, are you considering staying in the legal profession? If so, just because you had a fight with one person, what is keeping you from making amends with the partners you do feel bad about leaving. As you may need them for a future reference, why not write a letter to the partners (not admiting any fault) but just say that "it's unfortunate that things ended the way they did"...blah blah and that "you are grateful for the opportunity they have given you"...blah and that "you wish the firm continued success". It's not asking for your job back, (because it's obvious that you don't want to go back), just simply putting out the fire.

This may help you feel better about the whole ugly situation and at least the bridge isn't completely burned if a new employer does call them.

Good job giving up the VMs! If you feel the need to slip again, log on first and raise the flag for help. Someone will help talk you out of it. You deserve better, hun.

Love, Me
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I lost my JOB!

I lost my job

I'm so sorry you lost your job.

Please hang in there, sister.

Maybe there is something better for you out there. There must be.

I'll be praying for you.

RavenGirl

Comment

Working...
            X