Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many of us afraid of forever AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satori - Glad you like the "Yoda" title!! Though doubt he's better looking. :dunno:

Cmhguy3 - I like the 100 years reference!! Can I join you? lol
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Happy Monday everyone- I just wanted to bump this thread, because I really need to remember this.... I'm off to a sales conference, where I'll be with 300 of my "closest friends", with unlimited booze in the evening. The ratio of men to women is high (30 guys for every gal), and at about One Beer Thirty in the wee hours, the men with the beer goggles on start looking for THE girl of the moment.... it's never been me (even drunk), but it will be fun to watch this week what it looks like from a sober point of view. :heart:

I'll be strong thanks to ALL of you. :h Much love,

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

Patty - I know of those sales conferences all too well. Used to be in the mortgage banking industry (predominately men) and the free booze flowed like the Nile. I even posted some incidences that happened (I was a bystander) because of these little compnay get togethers! Whew - they're doosies!

I'm glad you liked the post. Never really thought it would have the effect that it did. Was just me ranting one day! lol

I will be thinking of you. Stay strong. And yes, the things you are about to witness will be hysterical, trust me. I look forward to you coming back and sharing your "findings". Have a safe trip.

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

me too

I am off to a business meeting of all places, Las Vegas!?!?:wow: There will be drinks a-flowing, as there always is at these meetings...............have gone numerous times and stayed sober, then again have also gone many times and drank moderately, then the other times when I drank to excess........

I am mentally preparing myself, first off by going AF until I leave (will make it easier) and taking the book "7 weeks to sobriety", hopefully it will be a good read.............lent out my "My Way Out" book, which I doubt highly I will never get back (what I get for trusting someone I don't know.............know him now, and he is a loser A**hole!!):durn:

Chalk it up to another lesson I have learned the hard way!!!

Anyway, enough ranting, just to thank everyone for their insight!! It will be mighty helpful during this meeting to "Sin City"!!

Lots of love,:h

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
          X