Unable To Sleep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable To Sleep.

I was prescribed Rozerem and it doesn't work. Anyone ever tried it? Desperate to shut the brain off. Help!

Luv Ripple~
    :upset:

Unable To Sleep.

Hi Ripple...I am also unable to sleep on Day 3 AF. I am not familiar with the prescription medications, but the over the counter sleeping pills seem useless. My x-husband and my son are taking Melatonin. My son being 10, I'm a bit concerned, but upon research it appears to be a natural substance. It makes him very sleepy. I think I'm going to pick some up tomorrow instead of an 18-pack of beer.
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

ripple you are looking a little green
      Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

Try counting sheep... taking a warm bath, warm milk, humming, chanting, rubbing your temples, stretching and tightening your legs and muscles for 30 sec. and then relaxing from your toes to you head and then think of a pleasant place and walking down to a stream to meet your friends to have a nice talk on a pleasant day on a beach or where ever you remember your self with people you love... or animals or whatever it maybe... and just feel the breeze and take a breath in and feel how calm that feeling was then... and how good you feel and remember that wonderful day
        Sometimes I remember sailing across the ocean, and I turn the a/c down cold and cover up and turn the blanket on just a little just to get a little comfy... but I have to get tucked in... and with a little white noise ... I alway have to have ambient sound...
        Then I picture myself on the balcony of my suite on the ship... just before it went down.. and I drowned. oh that was mean wasn't it... no I do picture myself there... it's only my eldest daughter that pictures me drowning.

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

hi ripple, dont know if this will help but when i 1st went af i couldnt sleep for weeks and has vivid dreams!! my hubby went to a hiipy shop and got me some red tea, the lady said it was non caffeine, great for detoxing and great for sleep aid.
          i tried it rather scepiticly at 1st, im npot one for herbal teas at all, aand after 3 cups i was in the land of nod at 9.30pm!!!
          i kept this up for a few weeks and it does work i swear by it now.
          it also is called redbush or rooibosh, you can even get it in supermarkets now,various different brands!
          i know it seems like a long shot but give it a go, ive told many peeps about it and they love it, but i must admitt it takes some getting used to, i always have a bit of honey in mine!!
          try it and let me know how you go???
          take care
          lv lakota xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

Blimey Capt.

No wonder you sleep after all that lot!
            Wore me out just reading it................:H

Satori
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

Still awake been on chat making trouble. So many choices, have to do something. Your replys are helpful, maybe melatonin and then the tea. Did other things, but I have some issues bothering me right now. 90 days today, finally.

Been on this Rozerem since October and I assume it works like an anti-pill? Well, what good is it, it does nothing. Not getting anymore, I take enough meds. Apparently no one here uses it? I am going to Florida next week, and I'll be damn if I have to lay quiet all night (without puter) waiting for the sun...No way. I may just get some Ambien from a good drug doctor and contnue getting better with some much needed rest.

R~:h

Thanks.

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

satori;253410 wrote: Blimey Capt.

No wonder you sleep after all that lot!
                Wore me out just reading it................:H

Satori
                LMAO!!

Hi Ripple!

Sleep-Deprived Queen here! I think I have finally found the Holy Grail for sleep, natural sleep, that is. I have taken Prescription Ambien for years. I have been a non-sleeper for as long as I can remember. Anyway, I have tried EVERYTHING! My accupuncturist asked me to try L-Tryptophan, with Melatonin. I have taken Melatonin, and I like it OK, but I don't get a restful sleep. Adding the L-Tryptophan is amazing! I started w/ 500mg the first night, then went to 1000mg the second night and that was great - perfect actually. The third night I went to 1500mg, and that was too much, so last night I went back to 1000mg, and again, perfect. I take that with 5mg sublingual melatonin. I have never slept so good in my entire life. That, and I am so rested and mellow in the morning, and in such an amazing mood. L-Tryptophan is also used for depression, which I don't have, but I can see why... You can get L-Tryp and Melatonin (get the sublingual as they work best), at your local heath food store).

Anyway, my two cents worth... Hope it helps.

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

Ripple
                  I have tryed Roserum too and find it does nothing. Neither does florazapam any more (that is generic 4something I dont remember) I am finding over the counter tylenol pm and some melatonin works as well as anything. Still not great but better.

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

One thing more...and this is my next step because I have seen it in action.

THis one is really out there. Recently a friend and I were in Vegas. To kill some time we were in the Wynn jewelry shop and "Patrick" was demonstrating Philip Stein (Oprah's Favorite thing) watches to us. I wont get into all of it but my friend (who has not slept with out pain meds and sleeping pills in a recliner for years) bought one. I thought I would wait to see how hers did before I spent $600 on one.

Today she told me today she has been sleeping like a normal person since about the second day of putting the watch on. I believe her.

Google the watch and read about it. I have experienced for myself some of the claims just from the demo I got. My rational to get one is that the money I will save from being AF and not buying pills and supplements will pay for it in 2 months. Whatever works - I also figure If I buy it and wear it(you sre supposed to wear it 24/7 it will be a constant reminder to me that I can not afford to drink anymore till I pay it off!!

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

Ripple,
                      I take trazadone, have for a couple of years now, seems to be working OK even as I go AF. Sometimes if I am having a problem getting to sleep I have a "mantra" that I use, seems to help me fall asleep. with everything that is going on in the next few days I am not going to ask dr to change any meds for sure! And I did not think you were causing any problems last night in chat, any more than I was! LOL (But then, maybe I was being a bad boy after all!)
                      BHOG
                      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

I tried rozerem and also found it did little or nothing. Ambien CR seems to work much better for me. Oddly enough, I only started taking it because my insurance wouldn't pay for rozerem because there is no generic for it but there is generic for ambien. I've used ambien for the first three nights AF, but went to sleep last night with no pills at all, so I guess my sleep patterns are adjusting.
                        "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

how about sex, it's free and if you can't do that, try gaba. chills you out.
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

If you'd like, I could start a thread of bed time stories and wear you all out so you could fall asleep every nite?

Comment

Unable To Sleep.

There are a couple threads in Holistic Healing about this (sleep). Lots of good info.

I discovered Magnesium makes me feel a bit calmer if I wake up in the middle of the night.

I do love Ambien, as well, but only take it when desperate because tolerance builds up so quickly.
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X