Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any floridians or frequent visitors ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I have had a really stressful week ...... I won't go into details, but just wanted to ask all of my buddies here if they can help .......

The boop family are going to Florida for a holiday/vacation in 3 weeks, we have been there several times before and have done the parks, but I'm sure that there are people here that know about the really good places that aren't known to tourists?? Any locals or frequent visitors??? Please ...

I love holidays, and planning this one is my new mission to cheer myself up ....

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Betty Boop, I am in Indian River County, which is quiet. Do you like the Keys? Google Key West or Islamorada, go to Hemingway House, also there is Marco Island for more subdued things to do. I'll try to think of more. Suz :h
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

The Hemmingway House is way cool! Tons of kitties! With 5 toes!

Comment

I'm so glad you are going to get a break Betty! I have PM'd you on Florida. Take care of yourself.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I have no info to share but I'm just so happy to hear that you all will go on a much deserved vacation... Yahoooo For You !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Moreto. we fly out on the 4th, we are staying on international drive, is there any chance that we could meet??????
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Suzanna;253651 wrote: Betty Boop, I am in Indian River County, which is quiet. Do you like the Keys? Google Key West or Islamorada, go to Hemingway House, also there is Marco Island for more subdued things to do. I'll try to think of more. Suz :h
              Suz, we have stayed in the keys before, that sounds lovely ...

I am now in a much better mood, thanks all ..........

BB xxxxx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi BB!

Actually I am not a native of Florida, and having only lived here for two years, I really do not know what all there is. We have only been to Disney and Epcott once since being here, so you probably know more than me! LOL. I know Beth and her husband love Marco Island.... its very beautiful I hear. One of my personal favorites places is St. Augustine. It is really beautiful with cobblestone streets and horse and carriage tourist rides through the beautiful neighborhoods and historic areas. There are FABulous restaurants there as well. It is about 25 miles south of where I live, and my husband and I drive down there a lot just to get away and for the restaurants and sight seeing. There is a lot to do there that your daughter would really enjoy as well as you guys. There is even a restaurant where the tables are built as tree houses around huge oak trees and you have to climb up in them and they look out over the water. Food is fabulous there as well. There is an alligator farm there, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, gorgeous parks and the ocean is beautiful there with white sand, so that's what I would recommend! And heck, if you come spend a day or so in St. Augustine, I will come join you! I will be your tour guide... Google it... you will see lots of pics.
                If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

P4T if you will be my tour guide then I will go anywhere!!!
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Some of the places we go are St. George Island, Carrabelle, Mexico Beach, Keyton Beach. There is next to nothing at these places, very quiet no crowds no amusement parks. Good places to meditate. bird

Comment

If you guys want to have a Florida meet up I am game to meet anywhere.

Hey Betty Boop, if you were to get here by the 17th of January you could come to the Frog Leg Festival!!! Yes you read that right... in Fellsmere. It is where they serve up lots of fried frog legs for the masses... oh yeah!

:H
                      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Prest4time;253748 wrote: Hi BB!

One of my personal favorites places is St. Augustine. It is really beautiful with cobblestone streets and horse and carriage tourist rides through the beautiful neighborhoods and historic areas. There are FABulous restaurants there as well. It is about 25 miles south of where I live, and my husband and I drive down there a lot just to get away and for the restaurants and sight seeing. There is a lot to do there that your daughter would really enjoy as well as you guys. There is even a restaurant where the tables are built as tree houses around huge oak trees and you have to climb up in them and they look out over the water. Food is fabulous there as well. There is an alligator farm there, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, gorgeous parks and the ocean is beautiful there with white sand, so that's what I would recommend! And heck, if you come spend a day or so in St. Augustine, I will come join you! I will be your tour guide... Google it... you will see lots of pics.
                        P4T, have you ever been to "Caps on the Water" outside of St Augustine? That is truly one of my FAVORITE restaurants in Florida.... they have an entree called "Vanilla Grouper", and it is to-die-for.... I crave it! Whenever I'm over on that side of Florida, I make a detour.........

Oh, and of course, there's the Haunted Tour in St Augustine, where you learn all about the town's history (Oldest city in US) and where the goblins lie......

Patty
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

Patty,

You are gonna scream.... we just went there last weekend! I did not order that, but I will next time. I just love St. Augustine... I could live there or visit for a week even though I am 25 miles north of it!

Betty, you gotta do St. Augustine.... its awesome!
                          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Suzanna;253793 wrote: It is where they serve up lots of fried frog legs for the masses... oh yeah!

:H
                            NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Comment

BB
                              In my (admittedly biased environmental) opinion, Florida has some spectacular natural areas. Please check out the National and State parks in your areas of interest. Let me know if you need any help -- I've been to most of them and am most familiar with natural areas in south Florida. Would definitely recommend a trip to Everglades National Park. No good restaurants --but Miami is nearby.
                              BTW- The weather (currently) is ...how should I put it....PERFECT! Hope it is the same when you arrive.
                              xox
                              Fby

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
                              - Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Working...
                              X