Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anger

Hi ya

I'm on day 4 of AF and have been taking Kudzu and L Glut. So far I haven't had any cravings as such, however I have realised that I am in a really foul mood. Little things are just winding me up!

I'm not usually this easily wound up.....so I'm wondering whether anyone else felt like this in their early days of abstinance?

Anger

Hi Lotus!

Yesterday was my fourth day AF, today is my fifth. Is there something about anger and the 4th day? I was very angry yesterday. Mad at myself, mad at the world, and mad at the damn alcohol. I think it must be pretty normal....and I think it will pass. I'm not angry today, I'm looking forward to another day without AL. Had I drank last night, which was tempting, I would have been in horrible shape today. Keep it up, from the suggestions here....it will pass.
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Anger

Hi Lotus,

Is day 4 for me too. Don't know if what you are feeling is usual but I have been feeling edgy, anxious and panicky all day and have just spent hours and hours wandering around central London just to try and keep active and take my mind off things.

Have you been eating ok? I didn't until this evening and was wondering if blood sugar levels had something to do with it.

Comment

Anger

The first 3-5 are the most difficult. Especially the 3rd and 4th. Get through a week and you will see the world in a different way.

And yes, as onefortheroad says, nutrition is so important. Eat all and anything you can. And take supplements.

Lotus, you are almost there.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Anger

Thank you all for your advice.

My eating has been fine, although my husband did give me a weird look when I asked him to put 3 spoons of sugar in my tea!!. I didn't notice that I was snappy until he mentioned it to me.

Hopefully this will pass....Just need to make sure I don't end up biting someone's head off at work tommorrow.

Mandy x

Comment

Anger

Hi Lotus

I finally made it past day 4 and I was a little irritable to and now I am on day 11. I managed to keep myself really busy and that helped to not focus on alcohol. I cant say it was a piece of cake my mind did wander at times to the what if, but I had to quickly change my way of thinking about the look what happens if you do way of thinking. I think your doing awsome Lotus...ODAT

Jacy

Comment

Anger

I was EXTREMELY bitchy on day 5, and for some unknown reason, day 10; it does get better.
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Anger

Your body is going through lots of changes. If you are craving sugar, take more L-glutamine - you really can't take too much. It will help with the sugar cravings and won't make you crazy like sugar will.

You may have sleep problems, crankiness, all of that. It is temporary. After a week or so AF those problems should be gone.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!!!!!!
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Anger

I was DREADFUL!!! Emotional roller coaster for the first fortnight...and the anger at days 3-5.....

It does pass....hang in there!

Thinking of you..really am! Anyone at this horrible stage....keep going; only way out is through!

FMS xx
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Anger

Hi Lotus - good to see you back posting again - you have been a bit quiet for a while!

First few days I was also like a bear with a sore head, and I am normally fairly calm too - so I guess it is probably a result of withdrawal from alcohol.

Keep at it - you know you want to! You WILL get there!

Love :l

Satori
                    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Anger

Hi Lotus. My temper got REAL short the first couple of days, I actually was snapping on people at work. But that, along with all the other fairly intense emotions has subsided by now, and its only day 8 for me. The anger issues, along with a lot of other stuff, definatley gets better with time!

Comment

Working...
                      X