Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that bugs me

Rag's,

Ah, ye's. The greengrocer's apostrophe. As the daughter of a former English teacher, drive's me nut's too!

But what can we do? Ti's all around!

(Misplaced apostrophe's on purpose, yo -- so hater's, stop the hatin'!.)

Peace.

(This has pained me to type it, BELIEVE me.)

-HopefulNow
    Taking it all in

Comment

Something that bugs me

On the scheme of things.... does it REALLY matter?

Maybe, support & understanding are a little more important.

Thoughts,

Whales Revenge: help us end whaling and stop the slaughter - by Patrick Bonello...
      :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
      Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

Something that bugs me

xo
        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Something that bugs me

I don't comment on it either 'coz of the potential fragility of the perpetrators - but one huge paragraph confuses the heck out of my small brain too.

I know the yoof of today think "gramma don't matta innit?" - but it kind of helps if you actually want to communicate.

And - apostrophe's - AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Love

Satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Something that bugs me

Geeez Satori .... don't make me hand out any more of those huggy thingies today.

Thank you. From the bottom of my tiny brain.

Here's a bunch of apostrophes for all. Use them at will. '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''

Comment

Something that bugs me

I can't read them either. I start mushing the words together and reading the same lines over and over.
              Power to the paragraphs!
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Something that bugs me

ahhh...yet another side to Satori! Have to admit, I'm a bit shocked!

Oh and the word perpetrator...was once admonished at work for using it, was told it had criminal connotations.

And as for this thread, to expose your disdain for the writing style (or lack there of) of any of us poor souls out here looking for compassion is sounding rather snobbish, in my humble opinion.

I know I will think twice before posting anything here in the future.

Oh and is this enough paragraphs for each of you?
                Posting while under the influence can be bad for your health!

Comment

Something that bugs me

We all have our "things". Pet peeves, etc. I think KathieH is entitled to her opinion.

I must admit I'm an avid reader and when big posts come up w/not much paragraphs, I skim. So learn to skim, folks!

It is hard to be the perfect one on this site.........:H

Comment

Something that bugs me

So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs. So sorry about the big paragraphs.

:H

Comment

Something that bugs me

tkeene;255501 wrote: ahhh...yet another side to Satori! Have to admit, I'm a bit shocked!

Oh and the word perpetrator...was once admonished at work for using it, was told it had criminal connotations.

And as for this thread, to expose your disdain for the writing style (or lack there of) of any of us poor souls out here looking for compassion is sounding rather snobbish, in my humble opinion.

I know I will think twice before posting anything here in the future.

Oh and is this enough paragraphs for each of you?

You should know by now that most of my posting is done with tongue firmly in cheek!
                      I chose the term perpetrator deliberately in an attempt to imply criminality as an obviously misguided attempt at levity.

Please - post away in as few paragraphs and sentences as you like, but, as I stated, I do
                      personally find it difficult to read.

As for apostrophes shoved in anywhere and everywhere - I find that irritating because incorrect use of punctuation makes the passage difficult to understand.

I trust I am entitled to hold an opinion.

You will notice I didn't actually tell anyone to do anything different to what they do normally, and in no way implied or stated my disdain for anyone

It's a free world! .....Isn't it?

Love

satori

xxx
                      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Something that bugs me

I really wasn't going to post to this thread. I figured perhaps I would seem petty to be offended, or perhaps expose myself as one of the less educated, who might write on going paragraphs sans indentations.

My concern is that, honestly, there may be some people who are hurting, drunk, fucked up, etc, who want to vent, need to vent, need support. Are we/they supposed to worry about having their writing skills critiqued? In a place where I believed even my absolute idiocy about having the inability to control my drinking wouldn't be judged, I now realise even my writing skills, or lack thereof, may be?

Sorry, just my opinion. That and 1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee.

K
                        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Something that bugs me

I don't know Keeta, is that a regular cup of coffee? Hon u will not be judged for your writing style, I don't believe judgement is coming into this at all. Just the thought that some people can't read posts that don't have breaks. If anything they are admitting THEY have a problem. So, don't u worry about ur posting. :l

Comment

Something that bugs me

I totally agree Keeta,

I expressed my opinion - but most here know that I DO make the attempt to read and respond appropriately to posts written in any style whatsoever.

Not quite sure what I did wrong TBH but hey - its forgotten - life is too short!

Love

satori

XXX

Comment

Something that bugs me

satori,

you didn't do anything wrong!...and I agree, life IS too short. I just had to post because I know sometimes the silliest/stupidest things can make "me" feel insecure...

hart....Thanks....and hmmmm...probably only a small, black coffee...*wink*

Love and hugs,
                              K
                              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Something that bugs me

yes, I am often annoyed by writing here that is just one big long paragraph and all the words are jumbled together. It makes it very difficult to understand what is being said.
                                All it takes is a little bit of time to check your writing before posting.

I understand that some people here write as if they were speaking and sometimes people post when they have been drinking, but it really does get a point across when you check your posts and correct spelling and punctuation errors.

Trix
                                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                                X