Question about starting and stopping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at 5 days AF, and blew it last night. That wow, I'm feeling great...I did good, now I deserve a beer. I'm not sure if I passed out or blacked out, probably both. My question is, because I was sober for almost 5 full days, will the withdrawals be less severe? (shakiness, sleeplesness, depression, etc).

Signed: lookingforhope (just now able to function at 6:40 in the evening)
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Hi there Hope,
    Day 5 is the real bummer day for a lot of us, as our cunning little ego tells us we'll be fine to have just a couple of drinks. It just doesn't work.
    I have found that when I've been AF for a little while the withdrawal does seem to get easier and easier................hence the temptation to have a drink because convince ourself we can handle it. So the spiral continues. Most times we are silly creatures and continue with the familiarity of our habituation instead of opting for the certain peace hat comes from being AF.

Comment

Hi looking

I really can't tell you if the withdrawl will be worse or not. I just want to say that day 5 is often the real hard one for lots of people.

Best thing to do is just get back on the wagon and start over again. Don't fret over this. You did 5 days once so just do it again - but make it 6 this time.

You can do it!
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

:l Hi Looking, I have NO help for you, just pulling for you and it is my first AF night, hope you are having one too and we will both start beating this thing!!
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Did great here with an AF w/e , which for most I think is the worst time....but for me the stress of work is a trigger and today work was out of control and put in a 12 hr day.........

LFH: not sure what your trigger is, but you've done better than I have been able to do, I haven't gotten to the 5 day point, so just get back on track and carry on. You've got what it takes.

Winefree, back at square one

Comment

Hi Hope, now I see why you're sad. I don't have an answer for your question re: the severity of your withdrawls. Come what may though you've dealt with it before and you can do it again. You said in that other thread you would be joining me for a sobre Monday next week. If you start tomorrow, that Monday will be the sixth day you're putting under your belt....that will be a pretty good way to start the week off.

The occasional beer can be tempting from time to time, don't feel too bad. I should know, I work at a brewery

Comment

Boy howdy, Day 5 is a real bummer. Read and read, and that day 5 kept popping up in posts. Thought, wow, I can get through this... And then boom, walked at that door at 9 pm on a Sunday night of all times. Guess can look back at tomorrow and laugh at the desperation.

Dexter...you just gave me a rush when you said you are going AF for the first night! So glad for your decision, it is the beginning, and I am started today with you. So we're on day one! Yahoo!! Believe, I will be sober with you next Monday, and will have day 7 under my belt. and Believe....many Congrats to you. You guys are absolutely awesome.

Oh, and my soon to be x-spouse has joined our group today. Alcohol is what finally killed our marriage.
              This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Working...
              X