Self Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Love

Here's the thing... I have struggled my whole life with people telling me how great I am. People tell me I am such a happy person. I guess I am a good actress! I always want to shout out loud to them "You don't really know me, I am an awful person!!! " I hate myself.... I just don't get it... I make friend's easily, people seem to love to be around me but i "hate to be around me"..... I truly struggle with why anyone would "truly like me"... I have such self hatred but in my heart I know that I must be a decent person fas people to want to be friends with me..

Self Love

onthe grand, have you ever read any of Louise Hay's books or listened to her on tape/cd. It is a great investment, you have to like yourself, before you can like/love anyone else. Another great one is Wayne Dyer, he has great books/tapes etc. Positive affirmations are very powerful and I hope this can be of some help to you - you are a unique & wonderful person.

Keep smiling,
    :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

Self Love

Absolutely! Affirmations help create a mindset, which is important for behavior modificaton.
      Next time someone pays you a compliment, just smile and say thank you.
      Gracefully receive. It is harder than it should be.

Dx
      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Self Love

Hi Onthe,

What is it you actually "hate" about yourself - if you don't mind me asking?

Love

Satori
        xxx
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Self Love

I struggle with the same things... seeing a counsellor has helped a lot, as has being sober for over a year. I have done some great things and now I am finally able to appreciate myself.
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Self Love

Hi onthegrand,

I'm no expert but for someone who hates them self so much, and makes out there happy on the outside.. Maybe you are blocking something out from your past life, as a childhood, i'm only guessing, so if i'm wrong just ignore what i have just said.
            one of my friend i knew was alway happy to be around with, always had a good laugh with her, but never knew she was very unhappy because she never like the way she look, because she thought she was over wieght, it was sad. she would always be a best friend, no matter want she look like.
            remember you are a decent person and people like you because you have a good personal. (So dont forget it.)

Love
            Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

Self Love

I too struggle with self like. When I was a child I suffered all sorts of abuse, but managed
              to grow up reasonably ok. I have friends who think of me as being happy, a shoulder to
              cry on etc. I think that when I drink too much, it's my way of saying, look at me I'm not
              a good person at all. I'm just praying for the time I can be totally af. In the meantime
              I'm trying to like myself, think I might get that book.
              Love Paula.

Comment

Self Love

Onthegrand.........your post kinda spooked me because I could have written it. I use to think that if people REALLY knew me they wouldn't like me at all, they'd see the REAL me......what exactly that was I don't know. I do know that I had a problem with alcohol and was deeply embarrassed by it and tried hard to keep it a secret. I be searched out for comfort, companionship, confidant, but inside I was empty. I didn't know how to be happy by myself alone in a room. And alcohol made it worse.
                I have come a long way since then. Probably a mix of therapy, getting older and really examining my life and seeing what I have. The irony of it all is, I became much happier becoming selfish and taking care of my needs first. My friends are still around, I just don't give them everything I have.......me

Comment

Self Love

If we were as hard on our friends and families as we were on ourselves- no one would like us.

I have been working through a wonderful "playbook" for anyone interested in shedding their inner demons and victim mentality, I highly recommend Lynn Grabhorn's "Excuse Me your Life Is Waiting Playbook"
                  [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Excuse-Your-Life-Waiting-Playbook/dp/1571742700/]Amazon.com: The Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting Playbook: Books: Lynn Grabhorn[/ame]

Namaste!
                  ?If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.? -Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
                  X