day 2 of feeling fine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 2 of feeling fine.

Or maybe its day 3...the days all roll into 1 when your'e on a 24 hour day!!! (with baby feeds!!) I can't get over how in control I feel. I drank my 2 baileys and then moved onto fizzy water and lime. People who have NO problem with alcohol do this. It makes me feel like one of them! I'm a fraud....pretending to be like "them"!!!!! One of those Un-alcoholics!!!!!! My husband is an Un-Alcoholic and i find it so strange when he has had enough beer after 4 pints. I look at him and think to myself...but....why aren't you wanting to carry on until you can't stand up anymore?!!! Why have you had enough of tipping beer down your neck? Why are you tired now and feel like your bed is calling? Why do you feel you must stop because you want to be fresh-headed in the morning? Why do you want to call it a day now that your friends have gone home? Why is it now time for coffee after your meal and not another bottle of wine? I could really go on forever on this one!!! LOL

I get NONE of those callings when it comes to drink. I wake up, liven up- when I drink. I never get fed up of drinking. I might feel sick, but mentally, I never want to stop. It is very strange that my body and mind is like this ..when other people are the opposite. There have been many times when everyone else has retired to their beds after a night of socializing and drinking and I am still wanting to open more wine and talk more and listen to more music etc...until a little switch goes off in my head and I feel the come down- the depression setting in. There is no getting away from THAT one. If you take the highs....the lows will follow. They go hand in hand don't they.

I will stop rambling now. Love to you all. Bella xxx

day 2 of feeling fine.

Bella

Great post. You have described every single feeling I have when I'm drinking. Hubby will order a coffee after a meal and I'll persuade him to order an Irish coffee instead so I can then order ANOTHER glass of wine. I'm known for not leaving a party when it is so obviously over!

I wake up when I drink, I liven up, just like you. I've been moderating recently but I find it SO HARD. My head is screaming "have another, go on", "just one more" and it kills me to go an pour the fizzy water instead of the wine. However, I am doing it - for now. I don't think it will ever be easy, or be second nature to me.

I am also a mum with 3 kids under 5. I remember the 24 hour days - a bottle of milk in one hand and a glass of wine in the other. I actually used to like the night feeds coz I could pour the wine without the glare of my un-alcoholic husband on me!

Ok, now I'll stop rambling!

K

Comment

day 2 of feeling fine.

we are alike ...i think Kpuk! Moderating is a struggle...I agree I struggle with that inner voice...egging on to have another. but when the next morning arrives...i am always chuffed that i did it.

Comment

day 2 of feeling fine.

Hello kpuk and bella, I'm in UK also and I couldn't believe how much I also feel like you 2 when drinking. I also have 3 kids and a hubby that can stop drinking when he wants. Weird isn't it, does everyone like us in the world also feel like this ? I get so drunk when I'm on one, like at last yrs work xmas party, I fell over on the dance floor and forgot to put my hands out and broke my nose!!! Blood everywhere! Can't remember a thing!! Needless to say I try to not go out mostly, wine at home nowadays, once I get the kids to bed. I have been really good since i started on champix to stop smoking it stops me drinking also. Completely amazing stuff. I am really scared when I finish the course tho incase I get right back on it again, I'm hoping the Kudzu from this site will replace the Champix. I don't usuallydrink in the week as i work full time, but come weekends the wine flows. WISH I WAS NORMAL! Glad to read your posts, makes me feel less of a bad person and less alone. Vix. xx:sofa: :h :h

Comment

day 2 of feeling fine.

Bella

My husband has one beer and that's plenty for him. I could never understand that and he could never understand me. I know exactly what you are saying. Who knows the answer.

I'm just so glad you are back and happy.
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
          X