Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My demise........all my own work, unfortunately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex`s funeral was yesterday.........Requiem Mass was beautiful, as was the crematorium........all a fitting tribute to a wonderful man.

Am ashamed to have to say that I finished off such a beautiful day blacked out drunk........I can`t even recall leaving the hotel or how I got home.

I know I want to be sober for good and my 5 AF months proves I can do it. I guess it`s now time to invest a whole lot more in sobriety.........I haven`t worked any where near hard enough at remaining sober.......quitting drinking is relatively easy........it`s maintaining that quit which is the real test. I cannot ever again succumb to having that first drink........there is no stopping me after the first one.

I simply hate myself today.........am disgusted at myself for last night.

Starlight Impress x

Hating yourself will get you nowhere my friend. You are doing great with the program and yourself. This does not define you. Learn from it and move on. It was a good lesson for your limitations. Now you know yourself that much better.
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

(((Star)))

As I told you, it's a slip and a very understandable one at that. You'll be AF again tomorrow I bet.:l

Comment

My God do I know what you mean about not touching the first one. You have motivated me to get back up and keep trying many times in the past few months, Star, even though I don't always post that much. Now you get back up, remember how long you stayed AF, and beat that record this time around.
        Morgan
        "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

Star,

We have talked many times and I know that you are a strong and wonderful woman. I can understand you feeling disapointed in yourself but remember that recovery does have slips. I know how important Alex was to you and how hard you have been fighting that drink every day that you have dealt with this. And you succeeded. I'm sure yesterday was a very difficult day for you emotionally - I don't think I would have been able to get through it without my AL crutch either..........

So chin up beautiful........it was a rough day; and now you can start the healing process. Don't hate yourself for wanting to forget your pain - sometimes as we drink we know how we will feel the next day but blocking the pain in your heart just makes it all worthwhile as the drinks are going down.........I understand that completely.

You are strong - you do not need to be upset at yourself. You will overcome - look how far you've made it before. You will get there again - I have so much faith in you.

Love and big hugs Star.....
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Star, I'm going to ask you a question ........

If any other member had posted that what would you tell them ?????

Now tell it to yourself and listen to those words!!!!!

Also, lots of people get drunk at funerals, they get over the hangover and on with their lives, they never ever feel guilty about it ....

Love ya ....
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Oh Star...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Now, don't hate yourself. It's useless, unnecessary and uses up too much energy. You're going to be just fine. That's the one thing about hangovers that is vicious...not only do you feel awful, but the depression is magnified. (I'm there today myself.)

Much love to you. Take it easy, get some rest and lots of water.

Gloria

Comment

Star...you are as lovely as you ever were.....you just ended up dealing with your terrible grief in a less-than-perfect way :hug:

You will learn from it and continue your journey. :l

Bless you.

Suze xx
                Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

It's hard to add anything meaningful. Please just see it as a blip and move forward. You have inspired so many here and as someone else said, just think of what you would tell someone else.

I come from a family where drinking during the wake and on the way to the funeral is commonplace, so I certainly know how you are feeling. Just forgive yourself for being human and stay close.

Comment

Star, It's has been a tough few weeks on you. I think this one slip will only make you stronger.

Hang tough and let us know how you are coping.

Best Wishes,
                    mike

Comment

Star you are in my thoughts and like others have said, don't hate yourself. You can hate AL for being too much a part of your life last night and in the past, but not yourself. You are strong and you can beat this.
                      Marcie

Comment

Oh Star, listen to Betty Boop and the others and me too! Brush yourself off and move forward ... you have been doing so very, very well despite very difficult challenges ... look at your successes not your mistakes which are so very miniscule ... we love you dearly, so dearly lady ... j
                        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Star

I'm sorry for your loss.

Your are going through a tough time at the moment and the fact that you have acknowledged what you have done shows that you are a strong person.

Forget about this now and focus on how well you have done and how far you have come. Use that as your strength and motivation.

Take care of yourself.

Mandy x

Comment

Star, you have been going through such a terribly painful time. You just needed a break from it for a night. Don't feel bad. Relapse is normal and is part of recovery, remember.

Time to forget about your slip and move on to tomorrow. A bright sober tomorrow - the one you want and deserve.

:h
                            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hey Star, please don't hate yourself. Sending you big cyber hugs...:l

It's so hard to loose somebody. It's only natural to want to numb out that pain...

Love you Hon.:h

Tomorrow will be better.
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X