Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My demise........all my own work, unfortunately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SI - like BB....and all the others...you have and are doing so well. And you will again. Like so many you will remember the day with a mixture of sadness and sweet delight at the beautiful requiem for a lovely man...and the terrible hangover from the over-imbibation...and move on from that and allow time to do its healing for the grief.

Let it go, don't beat yourself up unless you fancy hurting yourself. We're behind you...and would rather you didn't beat yourself up.

Love and hugs and bessings for Alex.

FMS xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. You need to just heal. However you do it. You have not failed in any way. You should be proud.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

S

We would heve been a lot more worried for your future AF prospects if you had disappeared on us.
        The fact that you are here tells me that this was an entirely understandable detour on your journey through the AF life.

I too am thinking about you and am sorry for your loss - I wish we could make the pain go away for you - but only time and fond memories can do that.

Take it easy on yourself right now - you will do fine and will be back on track in no time - and we are here to help in any way we can.

Much love

Satori
        xxx
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Star,

First off, I'm so terribly sorry for you loss.

Secondly, I agree with what's already been said here. You have clearly been going through an awful time emotionally, and yesterday was the topper. Old AL saw his in, and took it, just like he always tries to do. "Here, Star, I'm here for you, you can lean on me...remember?"

AL is an ASS. Preying on the emotionally vulnerable. Again, just like always.

I say, kick that ass's ASS to the curb, and show him who's boss. You're here, and posting. That's a brilliant start.

Many, MANY hugs to you, Star.

-HopefulNow
          Taking it all in

Comment

Star, any "normal" person would have done the same thing. I know people who never drink, and they drink at funerals. It is an extremely difficult time. It does not make you any less than a person; in fact, it simply makes you human. Don't beat yourself up for feeling pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
            Goal 1: Today
            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry you are feeling so sad right now. I know that being hungover makes everything seem even more awful, but remember time will take care of that. Tomorrow you will wake up and we will be here to help you get through this and you will get back on track - I have no doubt! . I am so sorry for you loss and know that you are hurting. I am really thinking of you tonight.

Namaste,

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I wouldn't even count it as a "day" if I were you. Just "x" it out and keep counting your AF days in those high numbers. Life has punished you enough---don't heap more on yourself!
                Jane Jane

Comment

Star,

Finding the way to feel the pain of what your experiencing and to control drinking often can be overwhelming. Give yourself the time and space to see and feel completely again. You will find your footing again. Try not to be judgmental.

I started here at MWO about the same time as you and please know how much I have learned from your posts and warmth.

Take care,

July

Comment

Everyone has said such loving and wise things, Starlight, that there's not much more that I can add, except that I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way. When you lose someone you love, no matter how beautiful the service is or how wonderful the people are, it still hurts like hell. You are resilient and strong, and I know that you will be back on board again. One day those drinks will just be a blip on the screen.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

:h Star, I'm sorry this happened. You have experienced a tragedy, and under those circustances we numb the pain. Perfectly understandable, but PLEASE to easy on yourself. You don't deserve to feel bad, it's a bump that's all.
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

star,
                        Your going through a hard time right now. In time you will feel a lot stronger in yourself. dont hate yourself....I would of done the something.... All those AF days must mean something.... you can do this again star you are strong, i have a lot of faith in you. We are all here for you.

wishing you lots of strenght.
                        big:l
                        Love
                        Teardrop.x
                        family is everything to me

Comment

Oh Star! you must have been pretty down and just thought "What the Hell...?" Start again..start afresh.....just like i do when something like that happens. That awful feeling of guilt and shame will pass..as they always do. My heart goes out to you today. I know what its like. Lots of TLC coming your way, precious star. Bella xxxx

Comment

Star,

Sending you love and prayers for the loss of Alex.

Take care of yourself :l

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Star

Thinking of you and I know you will pick yourself up. It's damned hard, but you can do it. My words seem so empty but I don't know what else to say.

K

Comment

star you are very aware of where you need to be. hating yourself isn't going to make it easier for you to stand back up. your honesty is a sign that you are ready to stay sober.
                                we love you and support you.
                                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                                X