Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My demise........all my own work, unfortunately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Star...

I hope today is a better day. And I am so sorry for your loss. YOU know you can do this. 5 MONTHS!!! WOW. As you would say, this little period of time is a hiccup. Give youself a hug and move forward! Relapse is part of the learning process. You WILL be stronger next time. Use this as a learning experience, not a reason to be down on yourself.

with love,

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Star I did exactly the same as you, but my reason wasn't as distressing as yours. I went
      af for 6 months, but I continued drinking, because I couldn't forgive myself. So please
      get back on track, forgive yourself, in fact take your own advice. You can do it.
      I will say a little prayer for you and Alex.
      Love Paula.xx

Comment

Star,
        I am working day 1 again today, and have been battling so hard, and not winning.
        Please be gentle with yourself, you went so long AF, that you need to allow yourself this small blip without guilt.

I hope today finds you better than yesterday,
        much love and hugs,
        K
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

((Starlight))

You have proven to yourself that you can live without A... You had a slip and it is understandle why you did. There is no reason to be hard on yourself. This can happen to anyone even with people with years of being AF.

I have a tendacy of doing the same thing to myself and it gets me no where except maybe more determined to try harder the next time.

You need to look at the accomplishment you have made having 5 months AF. I never made it past two weeks. I admire all of you who have proven to us that it is possible as long as we strive to do our best each day.

Take care Star.

Comment

Star, Hon you have been through such a devastating experience... Please don't be so hard on yourself because of a bump in the road of life... Learn from this and shine like the Star you are... We all love you and support you xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hi Star,
              You have certainly been through a truly rough patch and a deaply emotional time, so early in your sobriety. I am so glad that you had 5 mos. of sobriety before having to go through this. You were definitely stronger and more able to move through this. Do not hate yourself, nor think negatively about you, remember you are so special to everyone here and to think badly about yourself is to think badly of our dear friend!. We simply do not allow this!

Now, the healing can begin and you will be a non-drinker. You ARE a non-drinker!

Love,
              XXXXKateH
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi guys,
                Thanks for all your understanding.

I`m fine now.........almost at the end of Day 2. It`s far nicer to be sober. Didn`t really have a hangover......more like a "spreadover"........has taken me 2 days to recover. No more drink for me, I`m pleased to say. I`d far rather feel well and take pride in doing my utmost to live a good and sober life.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Star, you will be ok, and yes, that first one is a killer huh...you know hating yourself isn't productive, it'll make it worse....I love ya friend, lets keep on keeping on!
                  "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Star,
                    I am glad you are doing better and am not surprised you jumped right back on the horse. You've been inspiring from the minute you got here, you've made ABS almost seem easy even though it isn't. You are human and losing someone you love is beyond awful. I am very proud of you and don't beat yourself up anymore. By the way "speadover" is funny. I remember those. Love, Camper :h :h :h
                    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Good luck to you ,your a strong and dedicated person and you will do it im sure.

Comment

Star: I'm so glad you got through the "spreadover." Now you can plan your AF future & do the real grieving which is so necessary. I thank God that you didn't just say: "I blew it!" & continue on drinking. I'm also glad you came back here to MWO & have not disappeared. That would have been so easy to do.

Yes, as the days, weeks, & months build up, the real work begins.

This thread proves to me what a valuable member of MWO you are.

Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

xx

moving

Comment

Working...
                          X