Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell is wrong...feeling really bad

Hiya Thankful,

Glad you open this thread. For a start you should not feel sorry for feeling negative, this is normal. We all go through stages of coming off alcohol. when i started in october coming on and of the alcohol i lost my appetite and lost weight as well 9lb i think or more. my belt i wear had gone down to 4holes. i to have been crying and going through different moods. high and low. when i'm on a high, i'm on the go. when i'm low i cry or i have to shut myself away in my bedrrom and go to sleep.
    Depression is a funny thing, it works in different ways for different people. some will put weight on, some will loss weight, some will not be able to sleep or some can go to sleep all day, (like me) if i had a chance.
    Hang in there, like me, i'm sure this will past in time!
    Hope you are feeling better today.

Take it easy.
    Love
    Teardrop.x
    family is everything to me

Comment

P.s like slightlysuze said eat good food, (good advice thanks.) i always have two bowls of porridge in the morning it helps me, and a banana. keeps me going during the day if your busy.
      family is everything to me

Comment

Hi,

I have been sober for nearly one year and I was depressed at first at thinking I could NEVER drink again !

Then I have been a bit euphoric that I can DO it, I am NOT drinking WOW, how am I doing this after sooo long. But now at 10+ months I am really down again.

Physically and mentally better with memory, no hangovers, no headaches, no bad stomachs, nor nausea, weight loss...but just really depressed. Not even that I can't really drink again ...just dunno why?

Anybody else had that 1 year feeling?
        ?We are one another's angels?
        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Holy cow, is this what I wll have to go through? Are you taking the supplements and all that?
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I am taking multivitamins now, doctor wanted me on anti-depressants but I haven't taken them. (Had before long time ago but don't work after a while..so no need for me to take them.)
            I took kudzu over Christmas and it worked, but not taking it now as I only want a drink very occasionally, then I remember I am a non-drinker, LOL. !!!
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Hey thankful, I'm glad you posted this. I have been AF since Oct. 9th. I don't think I have had a good nights sleep yet. I have been on an emotional roller coaster. Hopefully, someone out there has good advice for both of us because I know I can't explain it. I think its just part of the process we are going through. By the way , good job on the 22 days.

Comment

You all are so amazing. Just thought I'd long on quick and I can't believe how different you all have made me feel with your words of advise and encouragement. Still feeling a little blah, but screw it. I'm not gonna sit on my ass today and just mope.

I did a lot of research last night on different supps and I will be ordering: L-glutamine, 5-Htp and phosphatidyl serine. I will let you know if any of these seem to help or not.

Some of you suggested seeing a Dr, but I have no medical and have not been to a doc in yrs. Just doing this by the grace of God and you great people.

You have no idea how thankful I am that I found you people. I feel like there is this invisible line of you all holding hands and you are reaching out for mine just trying to keep me a float. Corny, eh? Anyway....

I just can't find the right words, so to put it simply...thank you.

Love, Me
                :l :l :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Haha Thankful I get that same "corny" feeling.....but the support offered by everyone here can't be beat!

Hey you know those symptoms you described could just be plain 'ol stree or maybe a touch of depression, it hits everyone from time to time, maybe its more noticable being AF. I dunno just a thought.

Comment

e

moving thread

Comment

Working...
                    X