addictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

addictions

I'd just like to start by thanking everyone who has e-mailed and PM'd me over the past few weeks and I'm sorry for not replying sooner to everyone. THANK YOU!!

I have recently been suffering with a really serious bout of depression so have not been around much of late as have not had any inclination to do anything. I won't go into details but have finally come to terms with my separation which was weighing heavily on my mind. Not easy as well over the festive season as felt so alone and out there. Anyway as I said not going to harp on about it as it time for me to move on properly this time.

Moving on for me also has lead me to believe that I am spending far too much time online on forums such as this as well. I have a very addictive personality and have always taken things to access which is why I was a binge drinker. I have realised of late that this is not a good thing for me as I tend to be procrastinating and not really moving on or just replacing one addiction with another (which is usually the norm with people like myself).

I have also started taking a new anti depressant called Mirtazapine which is making me feel very lethargic at the moment also. It has been quite a bumpy ride TBH as I have also been withdrawing from my previous med Citalopram (which I was taking for 3 years) while introducing this new med into my system. I'm just about getting there but still getting a few of the heebie jeebies! (YES! I'm thinking of you STAR when I mention these!!).

I'll will continue to use the forum and keep in touch etc but will be spending more time eating and exercising which are my new addictions of late!!

Love and Happiness to all my friends at MWO :h :h
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

addictions

Hippie ............ So nice to hear from you ...........

Thanks for checking in .....

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

addictions

Great to see you here Hippie. Glad you're doing okay-
      wonder xx

Comment

addictions

Hi hipper,

So glad you are doing ok.......glad to hear that you have a new good health addiction...... keep it up.

Love
        Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

addictions

Just wanted to say hi Hippee just saw your post and I am glad that you are okay,

Continue to take care of yourself on your journey, Don't ever drop that sense of humour that you have,it is a gift.

Eastx
          In life we can live out our dreams its true
          the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

addictions

Hi hippie.

glad youre okay. think about you often. I know what you mean about addictions, you are probably doing the right thing. You are precious..so you much nurture yourself. You are very much liked on the boards, you have a great sense and wisdom of this strange old world we live in. never change that humour you have.... and get well.....you wonderful free-spirit you!!! Bella xxx

Comment

addictions

This all sounds like positive progress, it's not all fluff and bubbles, but it's worth it. Keep up the good work, and make sure you pop in to tell of your progress - be it the one step forward, or the two steps backwards.
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

addictions

Hippie,

Just glad to see you back, even if it is not for everyday posting.

I am here with you and fighting this. WE WILL WIN!!

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

addictions

Hipster,
                  So nice to hear from you.
                  It is great to hear that you are listening to yourself and know what you need.
                  We are here if you need us.
                  Dx
                  * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

addictions

Good luck to ya Hippie and good to hear from you

Comment

Working...
                    X