Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling under the weather

It seems that I caught a chest cold and I am feeling awful. :upset:

I had to do the usual grocery shopping today and I really didnt want to go. I knew that if I didnt go I would regret it later when would I feel even more sick. I was going through some movies to buy I felt this urge to drink it was scary it passed after a few moments.

After I had all my groceries paid for I had another overwhemling desire for a drink and that one was a lot stronger. I managed to go home without purchasing any alcohol, but it really hit me hard how bad I wanted to drink.:egad:

Well at least I can say I didnt give in and I ended up resting for the rest of the day.:yay: I still dont feel the greatest but at least I am not drunk.

I had to share this with everyone as I am sure many people have experienced this.

Jacy

Sick...we want to drink. Hungry...we want to drink. Tired...we want to drink. So glad you are resting, and did not give into the lies we tell ourselves.
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

- sorry to hear you are feeling ill. I too was sick during my second week AF and it felt awful. Really bad head cold. I kept thinking, I feel like crap anyway, why not drink and I'll go AF when I feel better. Thankfully, I managed to realize that was some pretty stupid reasoning and I stayed away from AL.

Good job on making the wise choice. That's awesome. I very proud of you!

I hope you feel better soon. Stay strong!

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

yea i know what you mean .it was hard for me just to down the lane where the hotdogs and the cheese is and also thats where the beer is too so for me i just brush it off now. but hey good job.
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thanks lfh,thankful & tlrgs.

The last time I was sick (headcold that time) was just before Christmas. I had two excuses to drink. Everyone in the family will be drinking and I need a drink to keep up my spirits. Ha what a joke that was. I ended up feeling even worse because I did not take care of myself.

I know that if I gave into the urge I would be really ill right now. My body cant fight the virus filling myself with alcohol. I have been drinkng lots of water and trying to fight this cold I hope I start feeling better soon.

Thanks for your support.

Take care.

Jacy

Comment

Hi Jacy, well done!!!! Really hope that you feel better soon, here is nurse BB to help you out.

Love & Hugs, BB xx Attached files [img]/converted_files/414793=2991-attachment.jpg[/img]
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
            X