TURNING BACK TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TURNING BACK TIME

Geez, Paddy - Rocky - Popeye all surfaced in the last couple of days. It's great to hear from my fellow estrogen challenged memebers all, with so many other beautiful souls on this site, gave me hope when I first stumbled in here.

I also have been on a break from MWO. This program has given me a brand new set of wings and I have been leaving the nest, learning to fly.

For me, MWO represented a chance and a hope there was an alternative to being told I was powerless over alcohol and meetings without end. When I first came here I had dwelt in all the dark places alcohol abuse will take you, and then, finally, despair: thinking maybe this is it, this is how it is going to end, what the hell happened to me, I'm going to drink myself to death, and I can't stop it. I can remember thinking how embarrassing it would be to have people at my funeral whispering "he died from cirrohsis".

I actually found this site while surfing medical sites looking for the symptoms of cirrohsis, pancreatitis and seizures all of which I was convinced I was headed for.

I got RJ's book the next day and, like a trusting child, followed it step for step; I got the All in One, got a seven day pill box for the supplements, listened to the CDs every night, confessed to my doctor, who had no idea I was a drinker, did the Topa for twelve weeks, and didn't drink. I put forever out of my head.

I feel as though I was walking around all those years with the proverbial screw loose in my head and somehow MWO tightened it up and I'm alright now, as long as I don't drink.
    Just don't drink. How could something so simple have been so hard, even impossible.

I am no longer a drinker. I just don't drink alcohol anymore. I don't even ever really think about it, even when I'm surrounded by the stuff.

There is real laughter in my house now. My self-confidence is back, my dormant plans and dreams have been re-energized and my future looks as bright as a baby's smile. I have come to understand that, for me, this journey has become more than just being sober, its about becoming the real me - a good, healthy, inspired, giving person.

I write tonight because this program gave me so much without asking for anything in return. I would like to give back hope. Perhaps someone out there is now where I was and will see a small flicker of hope that it is possible to stop drinking. I remember I wanted so desperately to stop drinking and just couldn't. That was nine and a half months ago. I joined MWO in March 2007 and alcohol last passed my lips on April 8, 2007.

While it is not possible to turn back time or undue that which is done, I have forgiven myself and started to learn to love and respect myself. Regrets live on but are fading as I feel I have been given a second chance at life, which is almost as good as turning back time.

TURNING BACK TIME

Barry ... that has to be one of the best posts I've ever read here. Your joy is palpable.

Thank you.

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Barry, thanks for sharing your success with us, wil re-read this again. Good Life my friend.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

barry: wow, your post was powerful!!! you have truly given me hope. Thank you .
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Well done Barry, you make us all proud to know you, and to be part of the miracle.

Welcome to the rest of your life! Isn't it great!
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Thanks for sharing that Barry. Good stuff.
            Marcie

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Hi Barry,

Well done on turning your life around. :goodjob:

love Waves
              Enough is enough

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Peace to you, Barry.
                Be well.

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Barry, so nice to hear that you are doing well ......

Such an inspiring post ....... thankyou for sharing that....
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

I loved the part about having "laughter in the house again." Thanks for taking the time to write such motivational words. May the laughter never leave you!
                    Jane Jane

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Barry,
                      Thank you for such an inspiring message. You turned a light bulb on in my brain: with alcohol out of your life forever, your soul will get stronger and your home will be happier. I think Al likes to F with my mind, and the recording circling in my mind is, "You can have just one, only one, you can. You are cured, try it".....

To hear you so boldly deny alcohol that voice is powerful. My 10 year old just cuddled up to my side and innocently asked, "watcha doing?" and what I'm NOT doing is looking for an excuse to drink again. Thank you. :h

Patty
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing. I really needed it.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Beautifully achieved and expressed.
                          Fran15
                          "You never know what you can do until you have to do it."
                          Betty Ford

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

Barry,
                            I needed that I have been avoiding buying the supps and book don't know why really, but you have inspired me to take that step.thanks so much!

Comment

TURNING BACK TIME

"I feel as though I was walking around all those years with the proverbial screw loose in my head and somehow MWO tightened it up and I'm alright now, as long as I don't drink. Just don't drink. How could something so simple have been so hard, even impossible."

I don't think truer words have ever been wrttien. I actually laughed out loud (about the screw) when I read this. These are my thoughts and somehow you managed to write them down. I can't believe how many years I wasted being misarable and how easy I find it now to simply say, I'm not gonna drink.

You are an amazing inspiration. Thank you.

Love, Me
                              :l
                              This one is going to the printer.
                              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X