Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the sake of conversation... how did you start drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started drinking when I was 18... and looking back it seems sure that I was hooked from the get-go.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

It was always good for me whiskey on my gums to help teething, honey lemon and whiskey for colds, when my first broken heart my mum insisted I had a sherry god know why it was horrible and so was the boy friend! Even recently I phoned my dad to see if he could lend me some money to bring forward a medical appointment for a frozen shoulder as i was in so much pain. he said it would be cheeper to buy a bottle of whisky for the pain
      Seashell X

Comment

As an act of experimentation, I drank 2 beers with a friend of mine when I was 14. During tenth grade I was drinking at least once a month, but back then 3 beers could give me a respectable buzz. The following summer I began drinking a 6-pack at least once a week, and since Fall 1996, I have began spending the whole weekend getting wasted. My drinking increased in college, although I assumed I would cut back when I graduated- guess again! My rational faculties told me it was the correct approach, but my body had, in a subtle fashion, become addicted to alcohol. Not long after graduation I became a daily drinker, with the occasional day or two off booze. This is also when withdrawal symptoms made their first appearance, notably insomnia, mild hand tremors and intense anxiety following a binge. The evolution of my addiction was very surreptitious, and to think it all began harmlessly with a couple of beers!

Comment

Working...
        X