lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost

just had a big stretch of af, now I cant seem to string more that a day or two together. I know how much this upsets my wife, I seem to get in a state where I feel everyting is crashing down on me and nothing else matters except having a beer. then I have one or two and the guilt sets in. I seem to have no control when it gets like this, I am not getting drunk anymore but that is not the point. I want, need to be af. lots of other shit going on at the moment but that is no excuse.
    out of answers need some help/advice
    max
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

lost

Darling Max, I don't have any advice. But I do want to kick you up the arse. You simply MUST get this back under control. You can do this, I know you can. So just f*&King do it.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

lost

When everything is "crashing down on you" you need to find another outlet.....HTH ((((HUGS))))
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

lost

I'm in the same boat. got a paddle?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

lost

Geez Max,
          I don't have any slick answers either except drinking won't solve things crashing on you, but you know that anyway.
          Search your inner resources, your inner strength.
          Otherwise Flip will ride down there and rip yer bloody arms orf!!

Comment

lost

Im in the same boat too!
            The water is very deep
            I don't have a paddle
            But I have been thrown
            a lifeline from the great
            people here. I now have
            some strength to go forward
            again. Gather up yourself
            Max and start again. Have
            faith that you can do this! Pan

Comment

lost

Max,

Faith and love.

You can do this.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

lost

I went through that after a successful period of AF. I felt I had it all under control but I now realise I never was in control.

What helped me was writing a list of reasons why I drink and reason why I do not want to drink. Also for me it helped reading through my old posts giving advice to others. I couldn't believe that was me. I realised I had to practice what I preach.

I was all for saying to myself today I will be AF, but just as I left work my direction was towards to shop to buy more alcohol.

What is is that you need to have a beer? You need to establish that. If it's boredom then find things to do. Maybe have a non-alcoholic beer instead. Go out with your wife where alcohol is not present/main part of the evening. I know you said there are other things going on, but as we know alcohol never solves things. It lets us forget things, relaxes us for a while, but what ever is happening will still be there once the alcohol has worn off.

The fact that you have done this before, you KNOW you can do this. Find your "danger Zone" (where you are most likely to drink) and keep yourself busy during that period.

All the best.
                Mandy x

Comment

lost

thanks guys, have to be strong. I will be ok. keep you informed.
                  "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

lost

Maxman, if you are just having a few instead of getting drunk, then you are going in the right direction ....

Keep going, you will get there ........
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

lost

Max -
                      I too will encourage Flip to motor to your home and have her kick your ass.
                      You know what you need to do.
                      And it is damn hard.
                      Start now.

Put the gloves on,
                      Dx
                      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

lost

gloves are on! am about to make that list that lotuse suggested and keep it in my wallet.

xoxo

Comment

lost

Morning Max,
                          It's 9:11 am Tuesday. So a new day for you (and me).
                          Just thought I'd check in to let you know I'm thinking about you.
                          Stay resolute.

Comment

lost

I like the list idea too.
                            I find everyday I say none today and then on the way home from work......it all changes.
                            Need to keep driving past those stores.......

Get back on track, you can do it!

Winefree

Comment

lost

af today feeling good, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X