WHAT AL REALLY COST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT AL REALLY COST

We all spend ages worring about what mistakes and what a pratt we make of ourself when drinking...well i know i do...but what does it really cost us and i dont mean money.
    A very good friend of mine died too young...age 48...last week due to AL the day after i had had not so good liver results...will need more test Thursday.....I have spent a long time not knowing to post this news or not but have decided that should it sent a message to just one person it will be worth it.
    When my friend died i sat here and got drunk after 7 weeks AF...... WHY?......SORRY CANT ANSWER THAT...
    I send my love to all xxxxx
    Jacqui
    Mwo,s worst speller....

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Jacqui,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, and thank you for reminding us that we are playing russian roulette with our health. Everytime we drink, we poison our organs and steal nutrients from our body, until it can't take it anymore.

As for you~ you got drunk, there is no answer, you are right. You were grieving for your friend and that's what you did. If you need to be forgiven by somebody else, well, you're forgiven. :h

Much love to you today. :heart: If you want to write a tribute to your friend, I would be honored to read it.

Patty
    Tampa, FL

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Jacqui, so sorry to hear of your loss, and your lapse which is what it was, anybody, even
      without a drink problem might get drunk after such a terrible loss. Just try and get back
      on track.
      Paula.

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Jacqui,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Your post is important and brave. Thank you.

Please keep us up-to-date on your results, here's hoping things are okay for you.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Jacqui,
          I am sorry for your loss. You are so right in saying that we do not often think of the damage that we cause to our bodies from drinking. Thank you for sharing this with us. I know that you have cerrtainly made me stop and think. I hope that you get good results on your tests and take the steps to regain your health!

Warm Regards,
          KateH
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Jacqui - even tho I don't know u my heart is going out to you - I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now. As far as you drinking I can only speculate that you did it out of grief and wanted or needed a bit of relief that AL can give us for the first couple of drinks. It's a good way to drown any and all feelings if even for just a little while - but then when we sober up we still have the feelings only they are much worse because we feel so horribly bad that we drank in the first place.

Again I am so very sorry that you are going through what you are going through and thank you for posting this as a reminder to us all that AL not only steals our family, friends, jobs, money but also eventually our LIVES!!!!

Take care

Pbear
            when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

That's a very sobering thought Jacqui - the bottom line is that alcohol can be a killer.
              48 is nothing. And I can understand how drinking might have been the pain relief you needed.
              Thanks for posting it. It's incredibly tragic but also potentially a life saver if it helps someone.

Love and hugs.

Bessie xx

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Jacqui, I am truly sorry for your loss ........

Hang in there hon, and get back to your AF days ........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Jacqui, I am so sorry for your loss. Hang in there; we can do this together!!!
                  Goal 1: Today
                  Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Jacqui

So sorry for your loss.

It's unfortunate that when we drink we only think of the short term gains and not what we are doing to ourselves long term.

Take care of yourself.

Comment

WHAT AL REALLY COST

Thanks to all,will post Thursday with results...im not sure what they will do or if i get results that day...if you know please tell will help heaps
                      Jacqui
                      Ps....back AF 3 days...
                      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Working...
                      X