omg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg

just got conformation that my friends funeral is wednesday...dont know how i will cope AF but my liver test is Thursday...maybe a sign from my good friend...i really need the stregth to overcome and deal with wednesday....IF i have a drink will it show Thursday...I do know i shouldnt i just think it will be too much...please post if you have had liver test as im not sure what will happen i know i should have asked at docs but was in shock...these things happen to other people right not me ....Jacqui
    Mwo,s worst speller....

omg

Liver disease doesn't occur overnight. If you already have damage it shouldn't change overnight. Drinking on Wed will show on
    Thurs. if they do a blood alcohol test, and you go way overboard.
    Sorry for your lose. Can you try AF wine or beer?

Winefree

Comment

omg

im af now but was planning to have a drink wed i know thats wrong but there you go...i know my liver problems are from long term abuse and only hope that my posts will help at least one person....i drank the drink now i pay the price please learn at my expence and not your own
      Jacqui xxxx
      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

omg

Jacqui, I'm not an expert but I dont think that the day before will affect your liver test .......

Hang in there hon, its gonna be a tough day ......

Love ya, BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

omg

clams forte?
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

omg

Jacqui, you liver tests will be off if you drink heavily the night before. I'm not sure how one or two would affect the tests.
            Marcie

Comment

omg

I don't know what kind of liver test you are having but if its just your annual physical, it'll only be a blood test, LFT's......in other words liver functions test, that tells us how your liver is holding up. And if these are elevated you are beginning to show signs of liver damage. Drinking the night before is not going to affect it one way or another, its there's damage, there'll be damage even if you don't drink the night before. Your doctor won't know you've been drinking unless you smell of it or does an blood alcohol level. I hope that helps.
              Be well, as you already know drinking is not going to change what happened. Take care of yourself........you're still here

Comment

omg

Jacqui : I am so, so sorry about your loss. That is scary as hell and heartbreaking. As to the medical stuff, FinallyRN gives some good advice .. but good for you for having the guts to have some tests done .. I am still scared as hell to do that.
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

omg

Jacqui, may the love and support that flows through the universe be with youo through all of the trials you are experienceing.
                  Hugs,
                  BHOG
                  War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

omg

Jacqui. I got through my father's funeral with tranquilizer Ativan. This may not be very popular advice but, like you, I didn't know how I was going get through it all. Unfortunately I started drinking again after that, two and half years ago. That is what brings me here now. I don't know any thing about liver tests. Sorry to hear about your loss. No matter what people say It is a very difficult time.
                    sigpic

Comment

omg

I'm sorry for your loss. Just do your best and try to live your life as best you can. You must be stronger than me because I am scared to death of having my liver checked.

You can do it!!!!!
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

omg

jacqui, I know how very hard this is for you. I can't imagine your pain right now. If it were me, I know my first instinct would be to get drunk.... but you.... YOU... have the rest of your life to live.

I know your poor friend died from alcohol, and I honestly believe she wants you to have a better life. That is what real friends do - want what is best for their friends.

If you can, please abstain from drinking. Go and get that liver test done. Live life to the fullest as you know life is way too short.

I am sending you soooo much strength and love.

Comment

omg

Thanks for the kick up the ass afm,you are so right what the hell am i "planning " to drink for...I will stay AF...for the love of my friend....not sure about tests had blood done at docs thing aint as they should be so he is sending me for hospital for more tests...anyway will update you all
                          Jacqui xxx
                          I WILL STAY AF ..............
                          Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Working...
                          X