Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you forgive yourself????

Hi Morrison,

Just want to reassure you that I think you are on the right track there.. at least for me I do identify.

I also loved FMS & Patty's response.. and think that that BAD feeling is part of the drug withdrawal response. I fail and I feel like THE most totally hopeless piece of nothing in the entire universe. The morning after leads to suicidal thoughts and frantic helpless heart pounding anxiety. I go to work and worry all day that people can see how frantic I feel!! How absolutely stupid that I can pick up wine on the way home!

This is a really serious life threatening juxtaposition!! I am awed and dumbfounded by it and you know, millions of us are as we keep trying and trying.. getting up and falling and getting up... going through our daily cycle.

Do not feel bad Looking, the full moon is over and you will get back on your horse! As was said above (forget who), DRUNK is a doing and You are a BEING!! Or to put it another way.. you are a human being NOT a human doing!!

Wishing you love & luck and continuing the journey with you!!

Comment

Wow....the support here. Patty, I have printed your response and hung onto it with dear life. THANK YOU! I know we have PM'd, need to get my thoughts together after that soul touching post. Processing....guys, give me a little time to keep reading your posts before I respond. Simply in speechless mode, because it hit so so close to home and somehow has sparks something in the hidden depths of the soul. I will be back on this thread, just processing right now. Holisitc processing is good, right? Yes it is, becaus back to 4 day AF. Want to respond to each of you....will be back. :h
      This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

You go into the bathroom, look in the mirror, and tell that person looking back, "I'm sorry. I will try harder next time. I love you and I forgive you."

Now, go in the bathroom, I'm headed too, because I had a great day yesterday and I messed up too. We can do it together.

Comment

Working...
        X