WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After years of abusing myself with alcohol. A daily drinker of hard liquor for over 25 years. I did it all, detox, inpatient, outpatient, therapy, AA......I always put up a defensive wall and did not let these support systems work for me. My life was in turmoil...and I could not seem to drag myself out of that deep dark hole.
    In a nutshell..after finally taking the AF plunge (and that did take me a while), and after that first horiffic week, I am taking it one day at a time...making no promises for tomorrow. I will never say I am AF forever, I will never say I will never drink again....to overwhelming for me. I need to keep reading and learning....everyday I make it a point to log on and I always take something away..sometimes from senior members, sometimes from newbies....I need to work everyday at my sobriety, and some days it is a lot of hard work, but I am committed to doing the best I can for today. Today I am 80 days AF, and I thank RJ, and all of you for sharing your expieriences........
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

I am here because I was feeling powerless to my addiction, no control. I still struggle, but I have improved 90% + or -.
      MWO has helped me to gain back my sobriety. I have taken an approach of one small step and it is working. My drinking has been evolving slowly over 20 years, with the last 5 years in a continual stupor.It took twenty years or so for the addiction to set in and I imagine it will take a fair amount of time for the desire to completely subside. So as to not feel like a failure, one small step at a time has been my moto, and it works for me. I am no longer struggling just to stay afloat. I am not quite floating on my own, but I am learning . I am gaining back my life now.
      I guess I was afraid of the reality of life. It is much more tolerable while sober. I just couldn't figure that out thru the fog. I was thinking, if life is this hard while drinking I can't imagine it while sober. That was such a wrong mind set. MWO and the people who make it up have helped me to change that thought process.

I am looking forward to the future!!

Comment

Bessie;259581 wrote: I have never really considered the full moon effect but .... boy .....I achieved an advanced level of incompetence with everything I did yesterday!! :H Maybe that's an explanation Bessie xx
        ROFL, BESSIE!!!
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

satori;259649 wrote: I'm here because I want to live and fully experience every moment of the rest of my life for "real" - to my full potential.

I no longer wish to be controlled by this addiction.

Like Wonder, I too lose the connection to my spirit when I drink!

Love

Satori

xxx
          Wow, Satori. You said it all. Losing connection to my spirit.

You are the BOMB!!

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm here beause i want to give up drinking for good. I have learn a lot about myself on this site, has help me out.
            When i drink life seems like a stand still nothing seems to move on.
            When i'm not drinking life seems so worth living for.

Love
            Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

I am here to transform.
              To support and be supported.
              To learn and share.
              And when the transformation feels complete, to move on.
              ?If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.? -Wayne Dyer

Comment

Charlee,

You are doing so well and you know what it means.

I am so proud of you.

Love,
                Cindi

charlee;259675 wrote: After years of abusing myself with alcohol. A daily drinker of hard liquor for over 25 years. I did it all, detox, inpatient, outpatient, therapy, AA......I always put up a defensive wall and did not let these support systems work for me. My life was in turmoil...and I could not seem to drag myself out of that deep dark hole.
                In a nutshell..after finally taking the AF plunge (and that did take me a while), and after that first horiffic week, I am taking it one day at a time...making no promises for tomorrow. I will never say I am AF forever, I will never say I will never drink again....to overwhelming for me. I need to keep reading and learning....everyday I make it a point to log on and I always take something away..sometimes from senior members, sometimes from newbies....I need to work everyday at my sobriety, and some days it is a lot of hard work, but I am committed to doing the best I can for today. Today I am 80 days AF, and I thank RJ, and all of you for sharing your expieriences........
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

MM, thank you for such an honest post!! I am here simply because I know that I drink too much and it has taken over my life!! I want to be AF and to feel again!!! I want to break the habit of reaching for a drink everynight. I want to be a good role model for my children and show them a healthy way of living. I want to be there completely in body and soul for my husband. I want to love myself.....

Comment

I am here for purely selfish reasons, I need to stay sober, or I will be dead.
                    If my being here helps somebody else to look at their habit, that is a bonus.
                    Thanks to this site and all the people who come here, my life is gradually
                    improving. For this I am truly grateful. Thanks for starting this thread MM.
                    pAULA.

Comment

I'm here because I truely feel understood... Finally I can take baby steps forward knowing that all you guys are walking the same walk xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Thanx MM for this thread. I am here because I have so many friends at MWO. I also can talk about my true feelings openly. I have to be AF. My spirit is dying.

Comment

I am teary reading these posts.
                          I love you guys :hug:
                          wonder XX

Comment

This is fantastic. You guys are absolutely amazing. These posts are beautiful.

hart... your spirit doesn't die... ever. It may feel like it, but it is always there.

Namaste, my friends....

Thank you.

MM
                            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I need to be here because no one understands this addiction like you guys do. It's a place to share, learn, and grow. We are all a work in progress....
                              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

I am here because I HAVE to quit drinking, to quit kidding myseff, to quit lying to myself, and to learn how to live again. To be ME again.

I am here because I need your support, and advice, and will share my own with you.

I am here because finially I feel like someone understands. Finially doesn't judge. Finially is willing to see PAST the alcolism to the me beneath it, and see value.

I am here to hopefully show others their value too.

much love and hugs,
                                K
                                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
                                X