X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeta,

What a beautiful post.

We are here for you every second of the day.

And you are here for us, every second of the day.

I am NOT measured by God by my addiction but measured by God by everything else.

Wow!!
    Love,
    CINDI
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

and measured by my friends for who I am, NOT what I am.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi,
        that is it!
        This is the one place I have found where I am not judged solely on the face value of my drinking problem. There are a LOT of stupid, shitty, unforgiveable things I have done while drunk. (thank God most of them I can't remember, or I likely couldn't live with myself! )

BUT, those are things I never, ever would have done sober. So while I search for the real ME under all these layers of problems I have created while apparently trying to drink myself to death, I am glad there is this place to come, and feel supported, and yes, even cared about and loved, DESPITE my alcohol problem.

Yep...this is a good place, filled with terrific people. We just all are fighting the same demon.

much love and hugs,
        K
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

What a wonderful thread. I just read it all the way through, & it was just what I needed right now. I'm feeling very fragile but resolved not to drink today. I might be one of the people who MM was thinking about when she came up w/this thread. Yes, I had some abstinence & then relapsed over the weekend & yesterday. But, today I have hope, because I have MWO. This is my only link to sanity...no one else knows the scope of my problem. This is the only place I am completely honest. I want to feel free...even in the midst of my sometimes messy life. I'm here, because I have the hope that I will have abs, & it will seem normal. For now, I'm just saying that for today, I am not going to drink. Enough is enough! Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Enough is enough.

Me, too, Mary!!!

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am here because it gives me hope for all my tomorrows.
              Enough is enough

Comment

Help!!!
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am here because the people over at Moderation Management didn't think I was ever going to be able to moderate my drinking.

I found being around people who didn't think I would ever succeed to be conterproductive.

Going back though to why do I need to moderate in the first place instead of just drinking as much as I want? Well because I want to live mostly.

No one can drink eight drinks a day everyday and live for long. Now I am down to 12 standard drinks a week and I am very happy about that!

Comment

I am here because I need to change my life. I need to stop drink taking over my life. I am not happy when I drink and I make life impossible for my family. I am a different person. I do not want to end up like my mam. I am here on this site because you all make me welcome and I feel comfortable "at home". You are my friends and I am here because you all inspire me with your stories, with your lives. Thank you.
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

I am journaling - writing - discovering so much today.....

MM you are a star!!! And this thread is really moving and warm and safe.... what amazing people.

Back when my fingers slow down on the poota with it all!!!!

Finding My Self.... XX
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Cindi...what is up?

Comment

I am here if you need help cindi

db2fromala;260007 wrote: Help!!!
                          everything OK?

Comment

MM thanks for starting this thread.

I am here because I am fed up of what alcohol has done to me. I saw myself as a pathetic 26 YO who should be enjoying her life, wasting it being drunk.

I look back at pre-drinking photo and see how alcohol has affected me on the outside, but was not realising what it was doing to me on the inside.

Anyway, I'm here now and on the right track. And I couldn't have done it without the support of you all.

Thank you.

Mandy x

Comment

I am here.

Dog burrowing down into "whatever" cat on the keyboard.

I am here.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good.

What is going on...and how can I help you, Cindi?

Comment

Working...
                                X