Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone go ADHD after a few days AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not Attention Deficit Disorder or hyper...but at that point when I am feeling great, (now 4 days AF) I feel like my thoughts are racing and just in general ADHD. I talk too much, write too much....etc etc. Unfortunately, that is also a trigger...thinking I need to calm down, so will use it for an excuse. But I'm not this time.

Does anyone else experience this exhileration of energy? Or have I gone mad....
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

This is not uncommon. Your nerves are shot after boozing. Alcoholism does cause hyperactivity, and having difficulty with detail is certainly a product of withdrawal. This feeling does go away in time. Hang in there. You're not going crazy.
    where does this go?

Comment

Yes I was hyperactive the first few days too!

Comment

I don't think I was hyper at all. I tried to keep busy so that I did not think of alcohol. But boy was I irritable and short tempered and very tired.

When we go AF there are bound to be some negative side effects the first few days at least. Don't worry it will pass and you will feel better for it.

Comment

Thank you Morrison....glad to hear this is normal. I guess the good news is because of the natural effects of quitting, we won't do speed.

Lizard, maybe we should lay off the diet coke? :H Cheers as we pour another glass of our diet coke...:clapclap:

Comment

Yes....I was very hyper and also super, super sensitive..... But it passes....hang in there....it's worth it.

You've got lots of folk here thinking of you empathetically as you go through this stage....

Good on you.....those days are the hardest. Be proud of yourself.

Love
            Finding My Self xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

lookingforhope;260102 wrote:

Lizard, maybe we should lay off the diet coke? :H Cheers as we pour another glass of our diet coke...:clapclap:
              Ooops never thought of that lookingforhope lol yes that's probably half the reason for the hyperactivity

Comment

Thank you for responding Lotus and Finding....

Finding~hugs~ Without this place, I am absolutely sure...I would still be drinking every night. The hyperness feels very odd after being in a depressed state for many years.

Lizard, if Diet Coke is what it takes, then we are doing great....who needs sleep.

Comment

hang in there . you are doing a good job ..it only get better
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                  X