waay hayy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waay hayy

SK- Big congrats on 21 days. As for feeling like you're cheating because of the meds, think that one through. If you were suffering from a major depression or a physical illness would you feel as if you were cheating because you were taking meds to control it? The folks here at MWO use different strategies to get and remain AF and I think the general feeling is, whatever works for you is the right thing to do.

As for thinking about drinking, it passes eventually. In the words of the great Hannah--Keep busy, clean closets. Distraction and exercise can really help. Visiting with friends who don't drink or doing something that you don't associate with drinking or even starting a new hobby can help. It will pass eventually. One day you will look up in shock and say, heck, I haven't though about drinking all day. It will happen.

Love and Peace
    Rob

Comment

waay hayy

Hey Skater.... How are you today? Are you 22 days for the skating?

Chuffed. Chufties. Chuffed with little mint balls? !?!?!????:bonkers:

That's better than upchucking little meat balls, right? :thumbs:

Seriously, don't set yourself up to fall. Chief talks about the real you, and the other you (Al) that's looking for a way to get back into your life. Well, the Other You ~ the Tonya Harding?~ she's trying to sneak in slowly. Tell Tonya to take a hike and that Nancy has the arena. How do you prepare yourself to skate? :bigwink: (It must be one skate at a time?)

And thinking about booze.... I think it's normal. For me, I keep comparing myself NOW to the "before" and liking the new me.

There must be some people that can throw the bottle down and never look back, but I don't think you'll find very many of them here. They don't need the message boards to stay firm. I've seen some long time members happily drop in, post that they are still AF, still successful. Then they pop out. They don't need us anymore. But, I like it here. How else can I learn new slang, and hear the voices of other real people from all colors of the world? :banana: Much love,

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

waay hayy

max
        well done...bet you feel great
        Jacqui xxx
        Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Working...
        X