Morning has Broken.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning has Broken.....

If we stop...truly would our new day start ! The end of our addiction and the misery that follows. Morning has broken.... a new life ! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Morning has Broken.....

For me, it's day 2 with no hangover, and AL is losing a round for a change. This very good morning has broken, even though it is still cold and very dark outside here in central US at 5:00 A.M.

Iowegian
    "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

Morning has Broken.....

Every day truely offers a new beginning; however, we must be willing to wake up, look around, and see positives in our world-view. If all we can see of ourselves are the negatives, we can not move forward in any meaningful manner. This is one of the biggest issues I have, when I first wake up in the morning I am confronted by what I veiw as my many failures; and from there it is a quick trip down negative memeory lane as to why i will not succeed in this or any other endavour, at this or any future time.
      All of this having been said, I am now in day 16/17? of being A/F. so why do I have such a hard time giving myself credit for my success here?
      Just thoughts..
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Morning has Broken.....

bald headed old guy;261135 wrote:
        Just thoughts..
        BHOG
        You just answered your own question BHOG - the past is gone and can't affect us any more - UNLESS WE ALLOW IT TO - by raking over past memories of failures - which is truly unhelpful.

These mental reveries are as you said - just thoughts - they are fleeting and insubstantial firings of neurons - they are NOT you!

YOU are the blank canvas across which these thoughts are projected.

I am not going to get into the classic Buddhist position on the inherent non -existence even of that blank canvas right now - I will leave that for another time !

You are inherently perfect just the way you are - and as a blank canvas have the potential to be whatever you wish.

So - no more thinking about the past - it is gone -
        No more worrying about the future either - you have very little control over that either.

Live for RIGHT NOW - pay attention to everything you experience and do the right thing and make the right decisions for right now and the future will take care of itself.

Have a great weekend

Satori
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
        X