Sharp Retort Required..... please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM- I agree we need to be compassionate towards other people; she probably does have a problem. When we see someone else, it is like looking in a mirror. When we see something "negative" it is because we may have that trait as well. On the flip side, when we see something we adore in someone else, that is because we have that in us too!!!!

But really, sometimes it really does feel good to bitch someone out; even if it is just in our head. It sure beats beating the shit out of them ")
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I like turning things around oh so cooly. Yes, I am working late and this bothers you why?

I'm proud of you hon!

Comment

Well, as others have mentioned, it probably is better to take the high road and not lash back. However, if you feel you need to say something, there are two roads to take.

The condescending route. ?Dear, I?m worried about you drinking; I?ll say a prayer for you.? This type of self righteous indignation is always a guarantee to piss somebody off.

Then, the smartass. ?Mickey Mantle called and he wants his liver back.?

Insult without accountability ? Just throw some literature on her desk, like a pamphlet of the 12 steps or something. It will get to her, and she won?t know who did it.

Just a few. Honestly, you shouldn?t let her get to you. She has issues. You are doing so well staying sober as well.
        where does this go?

Comment

I like this thread.

How about, "You're not that pretty so I thought you'd be nice."

Ok fine. MM has the mature idea.

Pout.

Dx
          * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Patty, I am not too big a person to admit you made me spew my coffee :H

tea...she is jealous that you HAVE a life that doesn't involve her and AL. Feel sorry for her...and use any of the great advise above...and I say do what MM said even IF she doesn't leave you be...put gum on her chair just for shits and giggles

love and hugs,
            K
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

DX-----I love that one!!!!
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I think I must be the anti-MM because I love Lukalee's response of "F%$k off Bi@#h and leave me alone!!!!!" :H

MM is the right response but the other ones are so much more fun.

Comment

Lushy will bitch slap her for you.

Comment

What a great thread!

I love Morrison's idea about putting some 12-step program brochures on her desk... or you go could online and find out where all the AA meetings are in your area and print them out with the times....but then again you would not be able to use all those other fun comments about her drinking cuz then she'd know.

Or, next time she makes a comment, you could say, "Sweetie, do you not remember the late night phone call to me the other night?" And when she looks back at you with a blank stare, just say, "I didnt think so. I'll pass". Oh wow, that's really mean. I should be ashamed of myself.

P4T
                    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Tell her that you are trying to get healthier and watch your weight. Then look her up and down and say "Honey maybe you should give it a shot too"
                      Marcie

Comment

Hi Tea

I am confused. So you were hanging out with this woman and now you don't because you don't drink? Was there nothing else in the friendship aside from booze?

I agree with Meditation Mama that you should take the high road and have compassion. She may have a problem. Also, has it occurred to you that she might miss you and feel hurt?

If you were a friend and now have disappeared into your work, this might be the case.

If there is a friendship here outside the booze, I suggest you tell her that you have missed hanging out with her but you don't want to go to bars. Ask her to go to a movie or something else. If that doesn't work, then look for the nasty retort.

Comment

Nancy, you are so mature! How disappointing! :H

No, really, Nancy is right on target, I think. Your co-worker misses you and is choosing a very dysfunctional way to express it. I won't add to Nancy's thoughts because they're great.

Good luck with a difficult situation.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Amen
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                            X