Thankful has 30 Days AF !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankful had 30 Days AF on Friday! She almost slipped under the radar..............

Congratulations Thankful!!! What a steady positive voice you have been here. I'm in awe of how you jumped on MWO and were able to grab the AF bull by the horns so quickly.

Congratulations on this TREMENDOUS achievement!!!! Way to Go!!!

Look forward to hearing more about your journey-
    love, wonder xx

Great job Thankful!
    Marcie

Comment

HIP HIP....................HURRAY
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Fantastic Job, Thankful!!

How do you feel compared to 31 days ago? Care to share? Must be a little better....

Don

Comment

WELL DONE THANKFUL!!

That is just great.....!

Cheer!

Love,
          FMS xx
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Great job Thankful! Very proud of you!

Comment

Wow, I still get floored by how amazingly supportive you people are.

Thank you Wonder, Memarcie, Luka, Don, FMS and Soccermom. You all are very thoughtful.

"How do you feel compared to 31 days ago? Care to share? Must be a little better...."

Don, I feel awesome. Through the good and bad, it's awesome. A month ago I was a desparate, pathetic mess and I have to admit I didn't have a lot of faith in this site then. I could not afford to follow the program, so I already thought I would fail because I had no book/cds, supps. But I started taking a multi-vitamin again (it was a start) and came here everyday. My day 3 was very hard for me and some very special people on here got me through it. From that day on, I just said screw it! I want my life back. I want to find the old me. Not there yet, but I'm still searching. I liked her a lot better.

Still having some very emotional days, but it's still better than the days of drinking. If someone told me I'd be sober a month ago, I would have told them no way. I prayed for years to have the strength to slow down. Prayers were answered Dec 27th when I found this site. My intention was to mod after my 30 days, but I'm too scared to try. Not ready yet. Still learning what my triggers are, but that is a very good thing. I may never be ready to mod. This feels too good to risk screwing up. I think I was more successful by telling everyone what I was doing and I told them about this site. It made me very accountable, because I did not want to disappoint people who were supporting me. I think my sister and brother still secretly hope I fail, because the more I succeed the worse they look. So that actually adds to the determination, you know what I mean? Anyway, it's a strugle but it's worth it!

Thank you to everyone who inspires me each and everyday. I could never have done it without you fantastic, loving and caring people. I love you all. Thank you RJ, I think I love you best!!

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Congratulations, Thankful!

So sorry I missed this.. wasn't around much this weekend....

What a wonderful repy! You sound really, really good. I am so happy for you.

Keep enjoying your successes and count yoru blessings...

Namaste,

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Congrats Thankful.

Good job.

Comment

Thankful;262414 wrote: I think my sister and brother still secretly hope I fail, because the more I succeed the worse they look l
                    I have these would-be saboteurs in my family too! And I am finally beginning to be able to not only live well despite their views, but I genuinely don't value anymore what they think of me one way or the other. I feel sympathy for how miserable and stuck they are, and sad that we can't have closer, healthier relaltionships. It takes two! Well, that about sums up 20 years of therapy .

Your story brought tears to my eyes Thankful. What a turnaround. Grateful I was here to share it with you!
                    wonder xx

Comment

Congratulations !!! Wooo Hooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Thankful, A huge Well Done from me ........
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

:goodjob: Thankful, congratulations! Keep strong!
                          BHOG
                          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

A bit late, but congratulations on your 30 days AF!!!

Janicexxx
                            AF since 9 May 2012
                            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Thankful,
                              BIG congrats on 30days!

Dx
                              * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Working...
                              X