Just wanted to share......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previously when I have gone AF one thing that always bugged me was my husband drinking. He continues to drink every night to excess.

However yesterday I flipped, but not because I was tempted to drink!! He kept repeating things, he could not walk in a straight line, his eyes were all red and not only was his speech blurred he found it really hard to put sentences together (kept putting the words wrong way round). It also made me realise why we argued so much as I could see he was trying to pick an argument with me. If I had had a drink not doubt things would have esculated. On top of that whereas he has a lot of patience with our puppy I felt he had lost that too.

Anyway my point is that this has made me even more determined not to drink. I thought to myself, is this the way I look and behave when I've had a drink then I am way better without it.

(Ok....I've had my little soap box moment for a Monday morning). However I do think this may be good for others who need a little motivation, to watch someone else drinking (friends, family or partner) and see the changes in them. I know not everyone has a "problem" with AL but it does effect everyone and when we drink we never realise how we come across to others.

Thanks for reading.

Mandy x
    18 days AF under my belt.

Mandy - I would put this in the 'reasons I do not want to dring box' to call in when tempted -
    My very understanding and suportive wife often says she wants to film me when I have been drinking to show me how poorly I come accross - This and MANY other things has led me to really focus on cutting back and hopefuly quitting - only drunk 3 times this year which is a good start. Looking to string the AF days together -

Mac

Comment

Mandy that makes a lot of sense ...............

You have come a long long way, and to do that while hubby is drinking is excellent ........

Well done xxx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Lotus........good point..........if we could see just how ridiculous we look and act when drunk........we simply wouldn`t do it.

Congrats on the 18 days.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
        X