A BIG thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A BIG thank you

I'd like to take a minute to thank everyone who has been so kind as to inquire as to my health over the past 10 days. This has been an interesting experience to say the least. The surgery went well, and the doctor did an awesome job; the pathology report came back that the cancer was confined to one lobe of my prostate and had not spread into the lymph nodes or anywhere else, so the operation is considered a complete success! I have 6-7 inches of nice neat tiny stitches; but I can live with that. My life is almost back to normal, I went back to work today (Monday) 1/2 days for a while as I rebuild my strength.
    The pain is "manageable" which is great.
    On a much more serious note, I want to thank everyone who has supported me in my efforts to become a functional human being instead of a functional drunk. This site is fantastic (thank you RJ!) and the people here have been so supportive in my efforts. My wife now talks to me about my drinking, about how happy she is I have taken this step, and how proud she is that I can do this. I can't begin to list everyone who has spent time in chat, or on PM's with me, giving me support and encouragement, so I am not going to try! Rest assured, I thank everyone and love you all.
    Will I "make it?" Will I ever be able to control AL instead of having AL control me? I certainly don't know yet, each day is new. But I can tell you that I am able to not drink, I am able to turn down an offer, without ...guilt....pity...remorse... or any of those other feelings of less than self worth. I am learning who I am, what makes me "me" and how I can better myself. It will be a long journey...I have many years of mistakes to overcome.
    I have taken the time to read some of the life stories many of you have posted here, my hat is off to you for having the courage to post the stories, because I know you first had to bring all of those issues out in front and look at them very hard. I cannot do that yet, I am still trying to piece together my current existance and my path forward.
    So, that is my Monday Morning post, again a big thanks to all for the wonderful support.
    And no, this is not a "goodby" statement, just some things I wanted to say!
    I almost forgot! Day 20 today!
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

A BIG thank you

Well done on your 20 days, thanks ever so much for sharing your thoughts .......

Congrats also on your successful operation ........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

A BIG thank you

Baldy! You are just too sweet for words. I think it is so nice that you have a wonderful wife who supports you like you do. I see so many people who just don't have that...so sad.

I'm so glad you are doing well. Thanks for letting us know.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

A BIG thank you

What a nice post. Congrats on the 20 days!!!! And to a successful operation and good health.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

A BIG thank you

BHOG - What great news about your health. You must be so relieved. I wish you continued good health!

And you got me tearing up too (there have been a few this morning!). I'm so moved by how much we all have struggled in frustration, despair and isolation with our "issue". When I hear a story like this, where MWO helped open up a crack in the wall and let the light in, I just want to cry. Maybe because I relate so much. Ya think?

I love you all too -

wonder xx

Comment

A BIG thank you

BHOG. That is really great news. You get a totally new lease on life and how really special your life is. Congrats on the 20 days.
            Are you using the "polishing cloth" that I knitted for you?
            LOL and all the best,
            Lori
            *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

A BIG thank you

Lori,
              The postwoman has not yet delivered the polishing cloth...I am waiting by the window for it to arrive!
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

A BIG thank you

BHOG - congrats on 20 days!
                So happy your wife feels included.

Dx
                * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

A BIG thank you

Glad everything went well. Congrats on your AF days and keep up that positive attitude!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/419119=2840-attachment.gif[/img]
                  :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

A BIG thank you

BHOG - I am so glad for you that your op went well.....and well, well done for the great days!! And how lovely your wife is right there with you.....that's just so great.

Keep going! That was a great post.....really thinking of you.

Love FMS xx
                    :heart: c: :heart:
                    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

A BIG thank you

BHOG.........I wish you all good things........you so deserve them.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

A BIG thank you

Hey there BHOG,

You have come such a long way in such little time. I'm so happy for you for your successful operation, and for your 20 days of abstinence. Awesome Job !! Your positive attitude is worth a million bucks. Good luck on your journey.....we are right here by your side :l on the same journey with you.
                        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

A BIG thank you

So pleased you got the all clear BHOG, well done on 20 days af

Comment

A BIG thank you

Bald Dude, that is the best news I have heard in a long time!!!!!
                            Goal 1: Today
                            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

A BIG thank you

This is great news, not only on your successful AF days, but also your successful surgery. Congratulations on both.

Give that lovely bride of yours a big hug from all of us, and make sure when you count your blessings, she is the first one you count. :h
                              Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Working...
                              X