Been feeling great lately :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been feeling great lately :)

just a quick hello to all my friends at My Way Out Forums. this is somewhat of an update on how I have been doing the last several months.
    In the Fall I started a thread about how I was worried about the winter coming and my not being able to deal with winter because I get depressed then I drink heavily and make a disgusting emotional mess of myself.
    Well I felt it a bit right before thanksgiving, then I started taking omega 3 and Gaba along with the L-glutamine, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals. I also seriously cut down on booze.
    Was AF for 12 straight days in the late fall, and after that, I have maybe 8 glasses of wine a week not all on the same night. always with some type of snack or company.

I have noticed that I haven't been this positive in who knows how long, 20 years? maybe more.
    I feel really wonderful and happy, I also have a little extra money every month, must be from staying away from those nasty bars.
    I keep coming back here to remind myself of how bad it was in March 2007 and the previous 6 years.

I still drink , but no way am I going to miss a night at the gym or wake up feeling like hell because of booze.

AF or moderation is very possible. I am sticking around to help and support and to give back to MWO, which helped me get to this point.

I also send my love and thanks to all of you who have shared your stories. and to thank RJ for making this place for us to heal and support each other.
    I also welcome all newbies with open arms. it is not easy, it takes time and patience.

Trixie
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Been feeling great lately

Trixie,
    What great news. I needed to hear something positive today...thank-you. some days it is SO NICE to hear success instead of struggles. I too get depressed during the winter months because I can not get out and work in the yard...I love gardening. When Spring hits, I instantly get a pep in my step. BRAVO to you for making a positive move in the right direction and thanks again for sharing it with us.

Comment

Trixie, that is a lovely story to share with your friends here ....... I am so glad that you have stayed here to help other people ........

I still remember my first post here and if someone had replied to me that moderation is possible and in a year you will no longer be dependant on AL but you can have the odd drink I would have been so grateful ....... But in fact it is true .............. thanks Trixie for sharing that .........
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Outstanding Trixie!! congrads
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

thank you for your help and support. you guys made it possible I feel like a puppy . wagging my tail.

Comment

What a great post Trixie! So glad you are doing so well!

Comment

Am thrilled for you trix.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Trixie - thank you so much for sharing that. So many people have been posting lately about feeling tired, blah, emotional. Your post is really going to help a lot of people. I know it helps me.

Congrats on your new life. Wtg! You are a true inspiration.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

What a great post trixie! So happy for you!

Comment

Trixie,

Chiming in with all the other WTG's!

It is so refreshing to hear when someone is doing well, especially really well.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

So great Trix! Thanks for putting out there-

wonder xx

Comment

thanks again to you all.
                        I can't say that it has been easy or that I can put my guards down and go on. I am in a constant state of checking and re-checking just in case, but it keeps getting easier and easier.
                        could be the gaba, but after work I am not having that really strong anxiety to get myself an after work drink. i also must say that a lot of friends are also on their own realizing that being plastered and looking like crap is not the way to go.

here is to staying healthy and happy now that I made it this far.

Trix

Comment

Working...
                        X