Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm upset and worried

Hi all

Last night for the 2nd time this week an egg was thrown at our front window. We raced outside but of course they'd scarpered. I am so angry about this as its obvious we are being singled out. No idea why

It might sound petty but its a pain having to go out in the cold at 9.30pm to clean egg off your window not to mention the fact that it woke our kids up both times (its surprisingly loud)

Sorry for moaning but i'm angry and upset that someone round here obviously doesnt like us and theres not much we can do to stop it

I'm already dreading tonight, it's making me anxious and stressed we all know what that can lead to, like I need an excuse!

Thanks for listening

Lou x

I'm upset and worried

WOW, that is awful! Any idea who or why?

I don't think it is petty at all. That is an act directed at you and you should feel anxious. Especially because you don't know why.

Maybe if it happens again you should call the police and have them scope it out....

Good luck!

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I'm upset and worried

Hi Loussie,

I have had this happen in the past to our house and the car and its a pain, especially if it is left to dry,almost impossible to remove.
      I never knew who did the deed but only assumed by the speed of retreat that it was someone very young and fit, to get away so quickly.
      I had at the time 3 teenagers at home two of them girls,who often attracted unwanted attention so put it down to that.
      I do sympathise with you though,the impact noise is surprisingly loud.
      Hoping this was your last experience.

East
      In life we can live out our dreams its true
      the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

I'm upset and worried

Loussie,

I have also had the same thing happen to me and it is incredibly frustrating, upsetting and down right rude to say the least. My daughter was 5 at the time and it not only woke her up but made her very upset that someone was being so mean to her mommy's house (I am a single mom and she is surprisingly overprotective of me).

I hope that this is the last time you have to deal with this or that you manage to catch the little buggers in the act.

Don't feel bad about venting - vent out anytime you need to!

Wishing you support and love,
        Uni
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

I'm upset and worried

Damn Hoodilums!
          String them up by thier proverbials.
          BHOG
          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I'm upset and worried

Loussie - this happened to me, but with grapefruit!

I was living in Florida at the time. And when it hit the house the first time, it was like a bomb exploding - so loud and abrupt and scary. Anyway, I got an idea of who it was after a while (it was a neighbor on the other side of my yard who felt I had snubbed him by asking him not to walk through the hedge of my yard if he wanted to talk to me - but to go around to the front of the house. sometimes he happened to wander over when I was out in the yard sunbathing.....no thanks)

Anyway, I called the police, and to my surprise they offered to go and just talk to him without any other proof than my very strong suspicion. The grapefruits stopped.

Can you alert the local authorities so they can keep an eye out? This is criminal behavior.

Good luck with this -
            wonder

Comment

I'm upset and worried

I agree with all the advice to call the police. This is harassment and it is against the law.

When my daughter was a sophmore in high school 3 boys started coming up and ringing the door-bell and running. After 3 nights of this my husband took a beer out to the yard and hid in the bushes for the evening, enjoying his beer (summer evening). The boys showed up on schedule, rang the doorbell, turned around and ran right into my husband. They stopped, wide-eyed and then tried to run away. My husband grabbed one by the shoulder and looked him straight in the eye and said, "I think you can find something else to do tomorrow night." Let him go and he ran off. They never did it again.

The side effect of this, is that our daughter was so embarassed by her Dad's behavior that she would not talk to him for days.

Comment

I'm upset and worried

yep, that is called criminal mischief and in the USA it is a misdemeanor. so don't take it lightly.
                you can actually hurt someone with an egg.

people just have nothing better to do with themselves.

Trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                X