Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was 4 Saturday nights ago tonight.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... that was a night that I will keep very close - forever. I force myself to remember it, even though I would rather forget it.

It was my last night drinking and it was awful - absolutely disgusting in fact.

It started out very much like any other "moderating" night. I had a bottle of wine open. I had half the night before and only planned on drinking the second half this night, which I did - good MM. Then "it" clicked in. I went over to the store... I thought to myself, "why do I only buy one bottle at a time - this is stupid! I am tired of going out so much - I will buy three"... I got home and opened another bottle - poured another glass, knowing I would only have one more glass. I was sad that night. I was newly separated, but I thought I was fine.

Well, this is where all the fun started.. I poured another glass then another and another, finishing that bottle. I opened another - I poured one last glass. I couldn't drink it - thankfully. I was feeling really depressed by then. I really don't remember much after that except that I went to bed and took a sleeping pill, then another, and then another. I didn't mean to do any harm to myself, I just wanted to go to sleep. I couldn't stand myself. I hated my mind, my body - I couldn't stand my skin - if I could have unzipped it and crawled out I would have - I just wanted to go away - but I couldn't get away from myself.

I will never forget this night. I can't.

I don't even recognize that person anymore. I am so grateful to be where I am today. I love myself. I love my mind, my body, my skin. I love life.

Please know it is possible to crawl out of dispair. Please never give up. Never, ever, ever give up. One day will be your day - so keep reaching.

Thank you all. You mean more to me than I can ever tell you.

Namaste, my friends.

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Thanks for sharing that MM. It was very courageous to open up to all of us, and I know you want us all to see how far you can come in just four weeks. You're right not to let yourself forget it, at least not for a long time...

Namaste back to you as well.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thanks for sharing MM. I am so glad you are here with us. You are truly an amazing woman.

Comment

Congratulations... I am 100% envious... God knows I am where you were... I can so relate to pouring a depressant on top of a depression... God bless you and stay with us. We need you.

Comment

You know, the only thing worse than that night was the next day... I will keep that close, too. I poured the remaining bottles down the drain. Last of the wine - romance over!
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hi MM, thanks for sharing that and I'm so glad you are in a more positive space now.

Thank goodness the alcohol and sleeping pills didn't cause you more suffering.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

You've come a long way MM. Thanks for sharing.
              Marcie

Comment

SKendall;265567 wrote: Hi MM, thanks for sharing that and I'm so glad you are in a more positive space now.

Thank goodness the alcohol and sleeping pills didn't cause you more suffering.
                Oh, that's right! Her stomach could have been real twisted... wow... so glad it turned out alright, MM... and I hear you about pouring liquor down the sink... only thing is, I would go out and buy it all over again.

Glad the "romance" is over... you'll get a real romance now... one that loves you BACK and doesn't turn on you like the one WE all fell in love with *cry*

Comment

You are a strong and powerful woman MM. You can do anything you set out to do.

Congratulations on becoming single again! A whole new learning journey about yourself is about to begin! Keep me posted on how it goes.
                  It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hi MM: I plan to read your post over and over. Now that I finally think of it, duh, am going to put a document on my desktop with the "best of MWO",and that will feature prominently. I need constant reminders and inspiration. MM, you are amazing.
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

dexterhead;265607 wrote: Hi MM: I plan to read your post over and over. Now that I finally think of it, duh, am going to put a document on my desktop with the "best of MWO",and that will feature prominently. I need constant reminders and inspiration. MM, you are amazing.
                      Yes, I said in chat earlier that MM's post should be a sticky. Wonderful post.

Comment

MM,

I, too, am amazed at your words like the others, especially when you said " One day will be your day". OMG:thanks: Those words have hit me hard because I just have not been able "to", you know. So,I am going to cling to those words that "My day will come".
                        I won't give up, ever.

Fabulous soul are ya':h

I have poured it out before too, but.....you know...

Thanks for the inspiration.

How do you start a Thread? Can someone email me?

Love,

Karen
                        :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Meditation Mama
                          Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of the people here at MWO that I have looked to since coming to MWO in the Autumn of 2007. I detect a lightness in you recently that is great to note-is it relief? It is certainly a returning joy in just being yourself again and that is wonderful. We have all be in sticky dangerous situations with alcohol, especially if we are in the midst of personal pain and life changes. I am so glad you are okay, and if you are anything like me, the scary bad times curiously support the good times. If we had not reached a nadir, how could we fully know the zenith?
                          just my thoughts, you understand, not suggesting this is a universal truth!
                          welcome back to the land of hope and promise, love, laughter and lightness of being

:h Anna:l :h
                          IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                          Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

I hope you know that by sharing that post you have inspired many to follow in your footsteps. I do alot of reading on this website, but not alot of posting. Your post brought tears to my eyes because I could feel your pain and could only hope to be where you are in a few weeks. Today is day 3 AF for me. I just don't want to hate myself and feel the pain of being so low anymore. You are an inspiration to me and all who read but do not post. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Thank you again for all your kind words..... my heart is very full today....

Namaste, my friends.

:bow

MM

Comment

Working...
                              X