Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with protecting myself

ok now
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

uh wow beatle i'm speechless. how does a parent just have problems so just leave their child somewhere even with a close friend. ??? i mean i couldn't even do that with my dogs and they are well i love them sometimes more then my children. hummmm okay i just can't get myself wrapped around it. humm well my heart goes out to you. and my heart goes out to the family and that poor little boy. god how rough must this be for him. having moved in with another family myself cuz i couldn't live at home any longer,, well, they were awfully kind. i didn't expect them to love me like their own children but i just wanted a place that was safe... safe and a bit of love that was all. and for a girl to come into a black family no less and i couldn't be more far from that. well they just let me right on in. so, humm does that ramble help at all.
    :welcome:

Comment

ok now
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Beatle, You haven't really said what the issue with the parents is so I can only guess that they are fighting loads and don't want their son around to see it.
        However, they are taking advantage of you and your kind heart. This will affect you, your partner, them, your kids and this poor little boy.
        Sounds like you have done the absolute best you can and that your friends are taking advantage.
        It sounds like a really awkward, heart renching situation. The parents must take responsiblity though. It is not your fault in any way.
        I hope it works out Beatle.
        xxxx
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

ok now

Comment

Beatle, like I said, sounds like a really difficult situation.
            I really feel for you and your family and this poor boy.
            But I also think you have made the right decision.
            This boy is their boy, not yours, yet they have had another mom and dad look after their own son because they have felt they couldn't handle it.....WHAT? Most moms and dads feel that at some time as I am sure you have too. But most mums and dads don't ask other parents to look after their own!!!!!
            Beatle, you have looked after someone elses child for a long time. They now have to deal with their own family themselves.I feel for the little boy.
            Good on you for being there. Good on you for drawing the line.
            xx

x
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

And,....Beatle, you sound pretty sane to me!!
              x
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

how do these things happen?

I think things happen for a reason. I believe souls are attracted to one another for an opportunity to learn and heal for one or each other. I've been checking out Collin Tipping's stuff - Radical Forgiveness. I was in Savannah (remember the tarrot card thing and car accident?) and walked into a store. Bookstore, etc. I walked straight to the bookshelf and my hand went right to his book. (devine guidance?) I guess I'm not the brightest star since I did buy it but didn't begin to read it for several years. All the while letting my drinking medicate rather than change paths. My issues...it's not about him (hubby). He is on his own path. So am I. We all are. Little boy's soul needed you for a while, maybe you needed him. Maybe it's time to move on. Let him go on his own path now. You gave a lot. What a big generous heart you have. :h
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                X