new guy considering Topamax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my work, I am involved in some fairly in depth scientific research, computer programming, statistics, and mathematics. Any advice on how Topamax might affect my work? If I try Topamax, find I can't work effectively, and discontinue, how long will the negative cognitive effects last?

Thanks for any help!

Welcome WayOut,

I never used Topamax but if you don't get a reply by the end of the day, I suggest going into the Chat room and ask or better yet do so now. There are alot of people who can help you with your question and thank you for posting your message.

Good luck and keep posting : )

Big hugs,
    Janet
    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

for me the side effects we never really that bad. Really not at all. Then what I did have went completely away. I also went alcohol free for 18 months and now I have had a few drinks but it just isnt that good anymore. good luck and if you have any more ?'s pm me cuz I might not notice the thread.

Topamax absoultly helped me STOP drinkin when my goal was to only cut down.

Plus....look at how sucessful RJ is.
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hello Wayout. I work in research and development and also do a lot with math and statistics. Although I don't think I'm quite as sharp since I have been taking the topa it hasn't impacted my job performance.

Comment

Hey Wayout. I'm up to about 100mgs of Topa and although I get sort of "dumb" right after taking it, the affect wears off and I am semi-normal again (I work in Software Development as a consultant and must speak in front of executives, etc.). So, although I forget words, and can't type as fast (I find myself misspelling a lot), I find that lists are very helpful in reminding of what needs to get accomplished during each day. - I am still effective. A lot more effective than I was when I was hungover every other day!!!!

Comment

Wayout,

Unfortunately, I cannot take the topa, which really saddens me.

However, I have read many posts here about ways to mitigate the topa effects.

One person here titrated up at half the speed and got no side effects at all.

You may want to try that.

Good luck with it all!! Glad you are here.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X