me too!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me too!!!!

Today is 30 days AF for me too!!! Yippeee!!!!

And I just wanted to tell all of you........

When I got here to MWO in October I was terrified. I'm a lifelong recovering, um, person, and the last time I lapsed into drinking it turned into a two year long downward spiral that left me inthe darkest place I have ever been in my life (and that's saying a lot -some chapters in my history are horrific). I was basically "dry" a few hours each day to go to work, and then..... nothing. Just drinking. I was completely shut down, overmedicated by a horrible psychiatrist, drunk most of the time. I was a flatline. I could have very easily just slipped away and died. I watched it happen to my Dad who died 20 years ago from acute cirrhosis, in solitude, the light inside having gone out years before. Coming back to life from that breakdown 5 years ago was a long hard road for me.

When I picked up the bottle in September, I knew in my gut I was headed back there if I didn't do something fast. It would not have taken too long. Putting down the booze once I've picked it up feels like turning a battleship around that's going full speed ahead. I did not believe deep down that anything could help to "right" me before consequences started to take their toll. The tools that I had relied on in the past felt obsolete. I was desperate.

I have been trying to get to this 30 day benchmark since then. And while I am very relieved somehow, this is NOT a finish line for me. Alcohol is my achilles heel in this life. I have all kinds of fragilities and insecurities and life problems, like everyone does, but my allergy to alcohol is fatal. Fatal to my spirit, my body and my life. The first time I quit drinking I was 20. I was a really bad drinker right out of the box. AF is the only way I can live at all.

And I loves me my modsters, which is to say, that while I know this AF stuff to be true for ME, this is a very personal issue, and I have nothing but love for people who can moderate. I don't feel superior to them, nor do I feel jealous. CaptJbean has been tossing out the phrase "it is what it is" and that's how I feel. I want EVERYONE to be happy healthy and loved. That's it. And the exact recipe is different for everyone. I accept my fate with AL, for today, if for no other reason than I'm tired. If I tussle with him, he wins. What else can I do? And most of my AF years have been fine, amazing really, once I was over the initial hump.

You have brought the healing my friends :h . and helped me to start anew and get back on track in my life. There is so much love, wisdom, humor here everyday, it's just amazing. I am so lucky (quack). Touching into others' joy and pain, giving and getting support, laughing my butt off, it's all so beautiful. A true community. I learn from you everyday. I don't feel alone. I love you guys.:hug:

And a deep deep deep down thank you to RJ :l . What can I say? Talk about a wonder .

Okay well, that's it for now. Just wanted to celebrate with you today. I'm crying. goodbye!
    wonder xx

me too!!!!

Oh My God, WW, I am crying with you. Thanks!!!

Yes. THANKS!!

I am so happy and grateful you have achieved a little bit of heaven and I am reaching up and grabbing some myself.

You are a blessing in my life and I pray to God that your sobriety is a blessing in yours.

Whatever it takes, it is what it is, never LET ANYTHING upset your serenity (read that, sobriety.)

For Beth:

God, let me revel and enjoy my sobriety, but NEVER forget the pain and anguish of my drunkeness.

Love, Cindi

(Yes, that is an ad lib, but I do think it counts, even if it is from me.)
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

me too!!!!

Way to go ww! You are an amazing woman!

Comment

me too!!!!

although I am still struggling to even look at your avatar....:H

Comment

me too!!!!

Wonder!!!! Well done!! 30 Days is a milestone, for sure. A goal reached, an important goal for certain! I so much appreciate you sharing yourself so openly and honestly. It is so obvious how much you want to be a non-drinker! It is also evident how positive a person, how you take no time for self pity...........Wow! I so respect and admire you!

CONGRATULATIONS!! This is the first day to the rest of your life of FREEDOM!!

Hugs,
          KateH
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

me too!!!!

Wonder....

Firstly, your post brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing this part of yourself with me.

Secondly...WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO........you ROCK! Great, fantastic, fabulous, Awesome...WONDERful job!

I am doing a happy dance just for YOU :crazymonkey:

Much love and hugs,
            Kee
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

me too!!!!

Congrats to you!!! Big hugs from me...

Comment

me too!!!!

Hi Wonder,

Congrats, and many more AF days to come. I'm prayin' for you!

Your post brought me to tears and helped remind me of my struggles, which I sometimes take for granted now. Thank you.

I'm glad you found us, but I'm glad we have you. You bring us so much! Your name was well chosen; you are a WONDER....:heart: :thumbs:

:l :l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

me too!!!!

Dear Wonder,

Thank you for your story. It lifts my spirit to know there is hope and that I did come to a good place to start my journey.

Congratulations on your 30 days and may you enjoy and feel the rest of your days as you do today!

Best Wishes,
                  Bambi
                  "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

me too!!!!

Congratulations. You rock!!! :band2:
                    where does this go?

Comment

me too!!!!

well done....feels great doesnt it.....
                      Jacqui xxx
                      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

me too!!!!

((((WW)))

That's great hon! :goodjob:

Comment

me too!!!!

Congratulations !!!! You are doing amazing !!!!!!!!! xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

me too!!!!

Wonder:
                            that was an AMAZING post. You are, indeed, truly a Wonder. ! Thank you so much for sharing your struggles. I am going to copy your post onto my desktop.
                            :rockband:So Morrison used the other band, but here's another one.

HOWEVER: I am still pissed off that you get to work with David Cassidy every day. Damn it!! :H
                            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

me too!!!!

What an awesome post Wonder. Congratulations on the 30 days. That is a huge accomplishment. I am glad to know you. Hey Now!!
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X