Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated

It was all going so well...I had my 3 week checkup at the doctor yesterday morning and he was real pleased with my recovery; gave me a lot of good news and I felt great. I am back to working at least 1/2 days (4 hours) and feel pretty good about that, and everyone at work is glad to have me back, so it is all coming together well. I was enjoying the super Tuesday politics, liking it all.
    Then I screwed it up...I had two glasses of wine. after 28 days AF DAMN IT. And now I am real upset with myself for doing it.
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Frustrated

2 glasses of wine isn't the end all. I know you are feeling disappointed in having any, but realistically it isn't bad.

Keep on going, and congrats on your 28 days AF, nonetheless. That is great news from your doctor too!

Comment

Frustrated

Bhog,

Try to focus on the positive...I know it is hard, but haven't we all spent enough time guilt tripping and being angry at ourselves??

This is but a small blip in an otherwise AMAZING 28 days AF, my friend. Don't let two glasses of wine undo all that good you have accomplished....

That aside, can you think of anything that may have made you *want* the wine?
      Was it cravings....or perhaps the way your old mind...the mind tricked by Al, that says...wow, everything is so awesome, let's celebrate with a drink?....

Be proud of your accomplishment this far...and proud you had the courage to come here and share.

much love and hugs,
      Kee
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Frustrated

BHOG,

Please, do not consider 2 glasses of wine as a screw up.

Please??

Consider it a reminder of what you should NOT do, because, as you know two glasses felt good but for most of us, that is NOT WHAT WE DO!!!

Jump right back on the horse,wagon,train,.

I wish it was easy. I truly do. Heck, then I would be somewhere else but here.

However, it is NOT easy. It is difficult, but, as they say, "Anything worth doing is difficult."

You, the rest of MWO, and I can do this. We just need to want to do this.

Do not beat yourself up.
        Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Frustrated

Besides, I have to say, I think Bald Headed Old Guys are really awesome!!

Truly,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Frustrated

Let it go!!!!!!! Start again...I drink 2 bottles of wione after several months AF, I thought i would die I was so sick. Just get back on the wagon.

Comment

Frustrated

l just like to say well done,,,l know how you feel l done the same 4 weeks ago,,, but l did not stop atwell 2 weeks,,and l beat my self up,,but as they say just get back on and be proud of your self
              there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Frustrated

BHOG!

It is only the end if you let it be. What is your goal, to remain AF? If so, you can't look at it like you screwed up, you have to just keep going on - TODAY. So many of us if we have slipped have just said "what the hell", then we are right back to where we were before, or worse. You have come so far and you wife is very proud of you. It is OK to have a slip, if it is only that. Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing...

You can do this BHOG!!!!

Get right back on....

xoxooxxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxo

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Frustrated

hie old man, remember ones an alcoholic forever an alcoholic, we use to celebrate out of nothing just to get an opportunity to drink and that was just how cunning alcohol is, so you might consider not taking any good news in caution next time, start again its never too late do not hate yourself mistakes are there to streangthen us not to take as down

Comment

Frustrated

BH: two glasses .. don't hate yourself!!!!! I am going to bump up the famous Croft thread "Stop Beating Yourselves Up"!!!!
                    PS: Super Tuesday ? the whole race makes me want to beat my head against the wall :bang :bang . well actually, I just wanted the opportunity to use that emoticon
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Frustrated

Nothing new to add hon, except I add my voice to the don't beat yourself up about 2 glasses of wine! It happened, you don't like how you feel about it, don't do it again. :l

Comment

Frustrated

BHOG,

So you had two glasses of wine? Could of been alot worse. Some would say two glasses is doing great for mods, especially for a male. Just take it at that and don't let it ruin what you had, 28 DAYS AF!

Great news from the Doctor by the way, Congrats!

Take care,
                        Bambi
                        "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Frustrated

Baldy,
                          Consider this a reminder that you need to be vigilant.
                          This experience offers an opportunity to double check yourself that you are hitting this dependency on as many levels as you can.
                          Ask yourself the tough questions about why you performed outside your ideal and learn from it.
                          :l
                          Dx
                          * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Frustrated

Hey ya..BHOG!

DX is so right, we need to be vigilant......and......remember, this is not only choosing to stop drinking, it is adapting to a new way of thinking and a new way of life. There are indeed many levels of recovery. As Star....put it so well, not long ago, we must do way more than count the days of being AF, we must change our lives and truly live as non-drinkers.

I can also tell you that I disagree that this is about the number of drinks. The fact is, to drink at all, even though we might be successful at modding a bit, if we are truly alcoholic, we simply cannot have even one.....because, after a short period of time, we will be right back where we were and even worse than when we started!

OK, so stop beating yourself up and just remember, it is Always Today that is most important!

Hugs!
                            KateH
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Frustrated

BHOG, I think in your mind/heart, etc., you just felt "normal" again, and let the old tapes play...the old habits sneak back up on us....this beast is "cunning" is a good word....Just start again, and don't beat yourself up, just remember that we have to break old habits, no matter what....we tend to think we "deserve" a couple of glasses, for having been so good, then we let ourselves down...2 isn't awful, its just that in my case, 2 one night, will lead to 3 the next, etc...so as my hubby that just stopped, cold turkey says....."just don't have the first one"....how he does it, is amazing...he says he just woke up, and said, "no more waking up feeling bad"...."ever again", and he said he knew he'd have to stop to keep me from continuing...I wish he had a magic pill to give us all...it just comes from internal conviction and commitment....whew....anyway, just keep on keeping on, 28 dys is fab!
                              "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Working...
                              X