Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated

DX,

I think when we first decide to quit drinking, we have to count. We have to set a very defined goal. We have been drinking an awful lot for a long time and the idea of not drinking for 1 day, let alone 30, terrifies us. But there are those here who encourage us and show us they have been AF for 30, 60, 90 days,....and we are in awe at that point. So, we have to have a plan, a goal, a measure of success.
    But after you have quit drinking for a while, I would imagine around 90-100 days, you do stop counting everyday. It's no longer a novelty. It's the way you are now. You don"t drink. I have a little calendar on my desk beside my computer that I have marked every 10 days or so with "my number", so if someone asks me, I can tell them.

And another thing I have noticed....If you look around at the characters here on MWO you will find most are above average in intelligence and seem to be goal orientated individuals. That could be why we count, also.

Don

Comment

Frustrated

So it is a 'shoot small, miss small' strategy on the way to a lifestyle change.
      I get it.

Thanks, Dx
      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Frustrated

Darn. I am trying so hard. Do NOT let my stupdidity get you guys down.

Find out what works, find out what is good and the rest is on MY plate. Darn. I wish it was not. I am so far into this. No kdding.

I DO LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

i,AM, HOWEVER a drunk. PERIOD.

No ifs ands or butts. Period.

I love you guys.
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Frustrated

Comment

Working...
          X