Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TORNADO

Hey! I just saw this thread.
    Belle woke me and we went to our safe place.
    It didn't get bad here but rained hard.
    My heart hurts for the people who were hit.
    You are right...we never know..minute to minute...

Thank you ALL for your thoughts and prayers.

:h Nancy "Belle"
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

TORNADO

Praying for all in the tornado hit area. I just cannot imagine such a dreadful experience.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

TORNADO

Prest4time;267946 wrote: We (in Florida) just recieved an announcement interrupting all stations advising of flood warnings.

The past two days have been heaven here... 81, and unseasonable for even north Florida. but apparently it was this warm weather colliding with the cold weather coming down from up north... and somethere in those southern states, the collsion of temperatures went head to head.

The weather is very strange the past few years I must say.
        This is what causes the unstable weather, the colliding of cold and warm. If it is moist, warm and cold is coming, all of us southerners know, bad things a coming!

On Nov 15, 1989 in Huntsville we had an F4 hit. It was 75ish and dark and moist, jet stream right over us. A cold front was coming in, the local stations and the Weather Channel were giving us the information that things could get "bad." Things got bad. We lost many people that day. It was horrific.

The weather yesterday and the day before is from the same thing. Cold air colliding with warm moist gulf air.

I lived in Oklahoma for 5 years, too. Different weather patterns, same effect. Whenever you had those tremendous thunderstorms and the jet stream was right over, bad things a coming!!

I am so glad none of "us" were hurt and my prayers go out to those who were.

I am glad Nancy Belle has a "safe place" and knows what to do. Our weather is amazing here. Dangerous, viscious, beautiful, serene.

I love my thunderstorms, though. I sit on the porch and watch those things roll in and admire the energy and the strength and the power. It is awe inspiring. Truly.

Thanks to all of you for caring.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

TORNADO

Cindi - Belle - Just so happy to hear you are both OK.. My thoughts go out to all that are in that area. What a unbelievable force. I heard about a family that died, Mother, Father and Child, they were going out to check on their horses, thought it was gone, I guess. So very sad. I am glad you two are safe.

praying for all.

MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

TORNADO

Cindi and Nancy, it's good to hear from both of you personally. I'd sure love to hear from Neil too. Do we have any other members who live in the hard-hit areas??
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

TORNADO

I was thinking about all of our friends down in the south. I am glad that you, Cindi and Nancy are OK. I was thinking about Neil too. I hope he is OK and checks in to let us know.

Comment

TORNADO

I have family in Texas and Florida, very close friends in Nebraska and Kansas. Having seen up close and personal how devastating tornados and hurricanes can be, when I hear of them I am always checking the maps to see how close they are to my F & F group..then making phone calls to make sure everyone is alright.
                In my part of the country, we have to be concerned with fires, earthquakes, and snow/blizzard conditions. Doesn't seem to matter where you live, there is a potential for disaster anywhere!
                My prayers are with the familys whose lives have been uprooted or destroyed by this series of storms.
                BHOG
                War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

TORNADO

Here's what's going on in my state.

800 vehicles trapped on Wisconsin interstate - CNN.com
                  Marcie

Comment

TORNADO

Memarcie that is so bad, we really got hit down here. Its actually very pretty today, like a winterwonderland. The snow is piled so high you can barely see the stop signs. Just glad we did not have tornadoes again and we are recovering pretty good from the devastation we had here.

Have a better day today,
                    Sammy

Comment

TORNADO

xtexan??

I am fine and so is Nancy Belle.

Are you okay???

We have beautiful weather today. I pray you are okay.

Love
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

TORNADO

I think Neil is in the Nashville area...is that right?
                        If so then he is ok...it was west of there.
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

TORNADO

I'm sure it is beautiful Sammys. I'm a bit jealous that I didn't get the big snowstorm!
                          Marcie

Comment

TORNADO

xTexan. You okay??

We were simply worried because of the tornadoes.

Please let us know you are okay.

We care.

A lot.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

TORNADO

College in the town I work in destroyed. Dorms destroyed, and several business destroyed.

I am OK, as my house is far south from damage. So dogs and I are OK.

Several people killed or injured around here though. Very bad.

I am good and safe. Others not so lucky.

Very busy now. Will try to get back on when things settle down.

Neil

Comment

TORNADO

Glad all of our members are safe. Prayers go out to the victims and families. Here in the north Dallas area, the a.c. popped on in the a.m. walked the dog and was quite warm. Came back, took a shower and the ground was full of hail which turned into severe thunderstorms. I don't ever remember weather that extreme in such a short interval.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X