Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tpta;;y screE#sed.

Cindi,

I hate to tell you this, but, no one is either "weak" or "strong "We are all human and we all have our times of great strength as well as weakness. No one here has an "exclusive" on having more life struggles and anxiety. Not one. There is not a doubt in my mind that most, if not all of us here, have had to work through devestating life issues.

Just read in "MY Story" and other post's, and, you can only be certain, that many of us here have never shared the tip of the iceberg of "Our Stories". Never allow yourself to label anyone as "strong" and therefor their life struggles are some how easier to work through than yours are. If you continue to think this way, this thinking gives you an excuse to drink.

Cindi, you have so much to offer to your family, your friends and anyone that you encounter. But, I beg of you, take your own wisdom and advise to heart. Use these skills for Yourself. These are the very same skills that you, yourself call "Strength".

I really do care, I think it is time for you to start pushing through the storm!! That is the only way that you will take control of AL and your life!

XXXXX Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Tpta;;y screE#sed.

So glad to hear you`re not drinking today, cindi..........you deserve to be not drinking.

I understand you`re going through a worrisome time right now, but you and I both know that no amount of drink will change yours or anyone else`s situation.

You are not weak cindi.........you are super duper smart cindi, and you are going to lick this thing once and for all, simply because that is what you deserve. You WILL emerge the victor in your booze battle cindi.........it`s just going to take time. Just remember........every single AF day makes us stronger.........YOU ARE STRONG AND NOW YOU NEED TO BECOME TOUGH AS OLD BOOTS WHERE AL IS CONCERNED.........we all know you have it in you.

Am praying for Adrienne and yourself. :l

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

Tpta;;y screE#sed.

Cindi, I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, and oh so well.....we can all find any "excuse" to drink....its a bad habit we use as a coping tool, and it just makes everything we are dealing with, so much harder to handle, because you aren't 100%, someone once said...."wherever you go, there you are!"....you can't run from anything, because the issue follows...this is a huge battle, but you have to take care of you, to help your daughter....just say..."this stops here, this stops now, this stops with me".....you can do it...set yourself up to win...and I totally agree about not taking that first drink....get some Tazo Wild Sweet Orange tea, its awesome, put it in a wine glass, I think its part of the habit, having a glass in your hand, like a cig. I'm told...never smoked, but that's what friends have said...there's an awesome Yogi tea too, its Mayan Cocoa Spice....its really good...just substitute something else in that glass....you are strong, and you can do this!
        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Tpta;;y screE#sed.

Anxiety and weakness are two very different things, Cindi. I have seen some very strong people completely incompacitated by anxiety when it hits them. You have a good reason to be anxious right now.

I think that now that you are in the middle of this crisis, we are getting to see a side of you that we haven't before, which is the anxious Cindi, who puts herself down for her humanity and her limitations. You can learn to deal with anxiety, Cindi, and there are some medications, including some of the anti-depressants, that work very well for even severe anxiety.

I know how worried you are for Adrienne. Has she stopped drinking? Do you feel guilt about her? What are the feelings that are contributing to your anxiety besides the obvious worry about her health. If I'm stepping over a line, please let me know.

Also, FYI, the herb milk thistle is also good for alcohol abuse and helps with liver repair.

I'm thinking of Adrienne and you, sending love and prayers your way.

:l :l
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tpta;;y screE#sed.

YoungAtHeart;268940 wrote: Anxiety and weakness are two very different things, Cindi. I have seen some very strong people completely incompacitated by anxiety when it hits them. You have a good reason to be anxious right now.

I think that now that you are in the middle of this crisis, we are getting to see a side of you that we haven't before, which is the anxious Cindi, who puts herself down for her humanity and her limitations. You can learn to deal with anxiety, Cindi, and there are some medications, including some of the anti-depressants, that work very well for even severe anxiety.

I know how worried you are for Adrienne. Has she stopped drinking? Do you feel guilt about her? What are the feelings that are contributing to your anxiety besides the obvious worry about her health. If I'm stepping over a line, please let me know.

Also, FYI, the herb milk thistle is also good for alcohol abuse and helps with liver repair.

I'm thinking of Adrienne and you, sending love and prayers your way.

:l :l
            Kathy,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful post. In the last few months, my anxiety about Adrienne has been increasingly getting worse. I guess because, 1. She has not stopped drinking. 2. Her time in the hospital was fruitless and simply cost $14K with no resolution. 3. She has been avoiding going back because she is scared and I actually had to take time off of work to "make this happen."

And, drum roll, I have absolutely no control over what she does and may well end up watching her kill herself.

No parent wants to see that and I am a control freak anyway.

I have felt in the last two or three months that my life is completely out of control. Not just my drinking, but many other aspects. Adrienne being the most important but other things, too.

Unfortunately, when that anxiety hits, it is like a train coming at me. Heart pounding, breathing, shaking. AL does give me quick relief. I must deal with the anxiety or I will not beat AL. I see that totally, now.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X