Can anyone suggest an over-the-counter medication/drug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang tough and know that we are all so proud of you !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Thanks you all... I never thought about a "fake drunk" leading me back to drinking... no, I can't risk that.

I just looked at myself in the mirror and SMILED the biggest smile I've seen since... since... since... I DON'T KNOW!

10 DAYS! Omigod! I can't believe it!

God is so good! I've kept my promise to him, and I know he's going to keep his to me!

10 FREAKING DAYS WITH NO BOOZE!

Thanks to everyone here. You all truly helped me get over these hurtles. I wish you all continued success and those who are still struggling to stop, continue to try... I hate it took a car accident and a possible DUI to get me here, but... WHATEVER IT TAKES, huh?

I just told myself that each day that I am AF, it encourages/motivates me to not drink the next day... I'm on a ROLL, Y'ALL!

Thanks for the link, Beatle

P.S. I'm going to post an excerpt from the AA book they gave me... it's called Living Sober. The excerpt was very powerful, and I know it will help some of us here. I'm going to my second AA meeting tomorrow.

Comment

Wow - you are amazing...I couldn't even go two days without the supps and the topa. I find that the Calmes Forte helps me to relax, it's over the counter and you can find it at any drugstore. It's a homeopathic sleep aide and not addictive, helps with my anxiety I get when the craving comes on - I take one about every 2-3 hours and then about three right before bed to help me sleep.... Keep it up girl, you are doing awesome!:goodjob:

Comment

Thanks, Sky...

I've been waiting patiently for the supps to arrive. All this week I've been doing moderately well with the cravings, but today (Saturday) is the worst yet...

Weekends were always big drinking days for me... it's so strange to run errands and do weekend stuff without the VMs I'm kind of sad tonight, actually.

I stayed strong today, but it was really hard... if I don't feel better tomorrow, I will have to try the Glut that Mags recommended before. I'll see if I can find the Calm tomorrow as well and at least read the back of it to see if it can help me.

The cravings have been so intense today and didn't begin to subside until I finally returned home. I don't think I'm going to make it to the AA meeting this evening, either... I feel too weak to go out again.

Thanks for all the support. Maybe "chat" will be lively tonight... staying home again on a Saturday night... never thought my life would come to this.

Comment

Shik, I know what you mean about today. I am struggling as we speak not to run to the corner store and buy that bottle of wine that will eventually turn into a drunken binge and a terrible hangover in the morning....oh, everyone keeps telling me the first few weeks are the worst, and I sure hope they are right because this is just downright terrible, eh?

Comment

skygal12;269641 wrote: Shik, I know what you mean about today. I am struggling as we speak not to run to the corner store and buy that bottle of wine that will eventually turn into a drunken binge and a terrible hangover in the morning....oh, everyone keeps telling me the first few weeks are the worst, and I sure hope they are right because this is just downright terrible, eh?
              YES! A few weeks, huh? That seems so far away... I just want to feel normal now... I'm just glad I got home when I did without any "detours".

And have you ever noticed how many liquor stores there are all over the place? The tempation is so overwhelming... omigod!

Anyway, I'm home for the night. In the car today, I didn't even listen to club music because it makes me want to go out and dance... and dance means drink... I can't wait for this to be behind me...

One day at a time, right? You hang in there, too... maybe the corner store will burn down... with all the alchi in it! :H

Comment

Shikakai;269648 wrote:

One day at a time, right? You hang in there, too... maybe the corner store will burn down... with all the alchi in it! :H
                LMAO....I should be so lucky. I'm going to settle down now with my favorite movie and try not to let the beast beat me for the night. Only one more Wknd day to get through....
                Peace

Comment

skygal12;269654 wrote: LMAO....I should be so lucky. I'm going to settle down now with my favorite movie and try not to let the beast beat me for the night. Only one more Wknd day to get through....
                  Peace
                  Amen to that! I'll be on and off of here until bed time, but in the meantime and in between time, I'm catching up on my daytime VCR tapes

Sounds like a nice evening... enjoy your movie, Sky

Comment

Working...
                  X