Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hay fever type reaction to Milk Thistle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone experienced or heard of a allergic reaction to Milk Thistle?
    I recently went back on all the sups and am experiencing itchy eyes, runny nose
    scratchy throat, all similar symtoms to when I have hay fever. I know that it is
    a weed, I'm going to stop it and see if that is what is causing this.

how long have you been af and on the sups. it sounds like a cold coming on but hey hope you feel better
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Also, what kind of milk thistle are you taking? Is it from MWO?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

hmmm...I was taking Milk Thistle from Jamieson(sp?), and vitiman company in Canada, but never suffered any of those reactions.
        Maybe it is the combination of what you are taking??
        Hope you feel better soon,

hugs,
        Kee
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I'm taking the Milk Thistle from MWO and don't have these symptoms. I get the crummy tummy problems, and am trying to narrow down what is causing it. Unfortunately, I think it is the L-Glut, so I eliminated it from my pill box today.

Maybe you are just getting a cold??
          Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

I'm taking Milk Thistle from a local company Trader Joes, I just got
            over a cold, I did take a claritin today and the symtoms have cleared up.
            so I will stay off for a few days and try again and see

Comment

Well, I did get the sweats terribly from milk thistle (check out the Holistic Healing forum-- there is a long thread on this)-- but the MWO stuff seems to be less extreme. I am sticking with that for now. It may be slightly more expensive than discount and generic brands, but you can really trust the stuff from MWO. I know this from experience. Also, I suggest trying to take it between meals and NOT at night. But don't give up on it because it is great for the liver. It actually can help it heal, and I don't think they've found any medicine that does that yet.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
              X