Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 31 and Beyond: Hello, I'm a non-drinker

Hey Kids-

Since I passed that 30 mark, I have been aware that all of you are out there in the 30 to 60 group too (and maybe there are others!?!?!). While I am not really focused on my day-to-day count this time (I am a non-drinker ), 60 days feels like the next benchmark and I like having that as a gentle goal.

So I just wanted to say hi - and touch base with my day mates. Everyobody okay?

wonder xx

Never better Wonder! Like you I'm through counting the day to day, but 60 days will be a pretty cool milestone to reach. I'll be there with you for sure.

"Non-drinker"....I like the sound of that.

Hi to everyone else in the 30-60 day range BTW! The more of us that reach that milestone, the better!

Comment

hi there..wonder.good job. go for it.i would love to able to call myself a nondrinker but i think its too early for me . even with 100+days now. but best fo luck to you
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

tlrgs;269623 wrote: hi there..wonder.good job. go for it.i would love to able to call myself a nondrinker but i think its too early for me . even with 100+days now. but best fo luck to you
        100+ days is pretty damn impressive!

Comment

Thanks Believe, my fellow non-drinking day BROTHER . Good to see you. I too am feeling fantastic. Better every day. It's the best!

I hear you tlrgs. It's been such a HUGE part of our lives for so long. But try to really see yourself that way in your mind - not scared and trying not to drink, but happier and healthier and AF by CHOICE. I mean, you're ALREADY doing it, right? You are a success! Enjoy it!!!

Wonder xx

Comment

Wonder,

Way to go for 30 Days AF. Not bad for a nondrinker. I like the 30, 60, 90 measure for measure of being AF. I'm not really a day counter but it is like knowing what inning your in, in this game called life.

After 30 days AF I felt like a nondrinker. After 60, I thought as a nondrinker. And after 100, I dreamed as a nondrinker.

Congrats Wonder and all other nondrinkers who count and those who don't.

July,

Day 199 AF

Comment

Doesn't it feel great!
              I never thought I could make it this far.

Comment

I just love feeling all this happiness on these boards. And I love hearing that beautiful word non-drinker along with the word happiness.

Good luck to all you guys. It is a beautiful world out there. AF.
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Oh, Wonder, you are an absolute bright spot in my day!

I am really doing great, too. This one feels so different than past attempts. We talked about this, a real mind shift that occurs. No more thoughts, romances, hopes, desires to have AL in my life. It is just not necassary. Boy, it took a lot to get here, though!!

That's why I say, never, ever, ever, ever give up. You just never know when it will stick.

Also not really counting days any longer, unless it comes up. But I look forward to celebrating 60 / 90 / 100+ days with you all!

I also consider myself a non-drinker. Finally.

Namaste,

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Ditto ditto ditto MM. It's ALL good!! You're a bright spot in my day too :h

I love the positivity on this thread! (and thanks Mags). Feels good to check in with you guys.

Myra that new puppy is so cute I can't stand it. I want one!!!!!!!!!! ...... your puppy has never seen Mommy drink !!!! :H :H

wonder xx

Comment

wonderworld;269986 wrote: your puppy has never seen Mommy drink !!!! :H :H

wonder xx
                      lol!!! Too Funny!
                      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Wonder, what a nice thread to start. It's a great way to keep us motivated and it feels fantastic to be in such good company.

I have not been on much because I'm still fighting this virus or whatever. I really wish I could shake this cough. It is so exhausting.

I was asked today if I gave up drinking for good. I had to think about my answer. I said I never had intentions of quitting for good, but it spite of being sick (twice) I feel good about not drinking. It's day 45 and I'm still not sure if I'll decide to mod. If forced into an answer now, I'd have to say I'd never drink again. But that sounds so final, you know?

You guys are so awesome and I know I would never be facing 60 days without your help. I am so lucky to have found this site, but amazingly grateful that all of you came with it as well. I still get blown away by the outpouring of love and support. Thank you for inspiring me everyday.

Love, Me
                        :l
                        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hi Thankful!

So sorry you've been sick. I have read on other threads of people having that experience - going AF and then gettting sick over and over for a while. It was suggested that the body was purging old ills and adjusting. I was sick for almost 2 weeks too - a cold that almost instantly turned into deep chest congestion and a bad cough. It really wiped me out. I hope you start to feel much better soon.

I agree that the 'forever' question is just too big to contemplate. And it's such an abstract question, really. Forever is a long time! All I know is I am happily AF and 100 % certain I want to stay that way.

Glad you checked in Thankful. Hope to see more of you around here. We're all getting to 60 together! (and beyond......... ).

Wonder xx

Comment

You Guys Rock !!! Keep up the good work !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

BUMP!!!!!

And maybe a quick roll call?! Hows the crew?

For myself, I am still cruisin' pretty much at day 42. A random thought of a drink has popped into my head here and there - and really without much rhyme or reason - just a "POP!" into my head. So far I have been able to put those out of my head pretty fast. Literally, I just don't "go there". One time beer REALLy sounded good. But no way.

My frame of mind gets better all the time, I think. I've been feeling good and working on a lot of projects that have needed my attention for a good while. I'm glad AL is not in my life today .

I would love to hear how everyone else is doing -

Love to all :h -
                              Wonder xx

Comment

Working...
                              X