Day 31 and Beyond: Hello, I'm a non-drinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bald headed old guy;356013 wrote: have been superbusy with work and family in the past few months (hence my absence) but it looks like things are quieting down now so I will I hope be ont he boards more often!
    BHOG
    Ditto BHOG!!! It's good to be settling back into my routine. And all systems are GO! AF-wise. Life is good.

Det that's a buttload of lumens (whatever THAT is). So, are they ANY kind of flashlight? Old and new? Just..... flashlights? What makes one more special than another? Do you have ALOT of them? Where do you keep them? What do you do with them? Fascinating! Worthy of a documentary short, for sure. Det and the flashlights. And the soundtrack.......oh no!!!! here it comes........ READY!?!?!?!

[ame= ]YouTube - Flashlight[/ame]

Comment

Oh and I meant to say how good it is to see you BHOG! Another friendly, um.... face? avatar? URL? Well, you know what I mean! Glad we're still here!

Hey Beck!!!

Comment

Determinator;356116 wrote: BHOG! heya bro, where you been? glad to hear you sounding upbeat and happy.

WW, my most powerful flashlight puts out more than 3,100 lumens. now if you had my "affliction" you would be super geeky impressed by that!
        3100? Man I didn't even know they went that high...Where did you get a light like that? Off the Hubble telescope? :H

Comment

hahahahahahahahah WW, you made my day. that was so funny! a flashlight theme song. my heart flutters

how many? I'm guessing I have approx 120 flashlights all up.

Believe, the one I have at 3,100 lumen uses an "HID arc lamp" to produce the output. and no filament to break! which is good when you buy a $1,400.00 flashlight. It reaches further at night than the human eye can see. you have to use binoculars to see the "end" if the beam. MWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! (evil lumen-maniac laughter)

well, here I am in a hotel room again....all going well, glorious sunny day. going to walk over to claim jumper. anyone eaten there? talk about big portions...how do they stay in business? oink!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Haha Claim Jumper rules...22oz prime rib (or is it 24). And dont they have that Mother Lode cake or something...

Wow I think the light I got for the front of my ar is like 64 lumens or something. It too reaches further than you can see. You know. If you can only see across the living room. I feel like a weeine now, guess I should break down and at least go cop a surefire, that might help. I forgot what brand my current light is, its pretty popular, but suddenly its not cool enough for some reason

Comment

WONDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :h It's so nice to have you "home". Safe and sound. Where you belong. You have been missed more than you will ever know. I actually started seeing you in my dreams a while back! lol Well, not you actually, but it was Susan Dey. Now what do you suppose that means?? Whew.

Sorry, I have not posted that much. But once again, I find that I miss you guys too much and venture back to here.

Now, ladies, I ask you....let's please take a long hard look at ourselves. What is it about "us" that makes a guy who collects AK-47s and gas masks and a guy who collects $1400 flashlights fit into our group so easily??? Now I love them both tremendously, but this is really making me take a long hard look at what the hell is wrong with me!!! :H Just kidding, dudes!

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Thankful, It's nice to have you back. Now, I may be new to this thread but I don't think you've actually interpreted "no drama" correctly...drama in our lives may happen but no drama on the thread...

As for the guys, they are just being guys and I suppose Det must feel really at ease with us to admit to owning an $1400 flashlight that I can't see any use for...if one can't see to the end of the beam...hmmm.

Seriously Thankful, I've landed on my feet and am finally gettting out of the limbo of being between homes..time for me to settle in and gain some traction.

Be well,
                Beck
                Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Beck, I am so happy for you. Of course you know I remember the "back when" days for you. I am glad that you are here on this thread. As you can see, the support here is amazing. Congrats on remaining AF through the move. I know that must have been hard on you, but you must be bursting with pride that you made it. We know what a huge trigger this was for you.

Thankful, It's nice to have you back. Now, I may be new to this thread but I don't think you've actually interpreted "no drama" correctly...drama in our lives may happen but no drama on the thread...
                  As far as this goes, I have to apologize to you. I edited my original post and removed the "no drama" sentence before I realized that you posted. But now I have to explain it I guess. lol

What I meant by "no drama" was back when this particular thread was started we agreed that the drama would be left on the rest of the boards and we would never discuss it here.
                  We want to keep a happy and healthy attitude here. So, I omitted the other sentence for that reason. I was starting to explain my reasons for being away and then figured I shouldn't bother.

Thanks for posting back though. I appreciate it.

Love, Me

Comment

Beck I DON't know you from your back when days or whateve, but I definatley don't appreciate your smug-ass comment about Dets flashlight. Not that he needs me to stick up for him or anything, just you acting like the fact that YOU personally don't see the need for something makes someone a complete loser for having one pisses me off. WTF is your deal?

Comment

Believe,

Wow I would have really gotten into trouble if I had mentioned your flashlight envy.
                      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Thats a lame ass joke for someone who thinks she knows it all Beck. You having trouble seeing my point here, or are you just exempt from giving a shit cause you're so much better than everyone else?

Comment

Believe, I hope my post didn't spark anything here. I was only teasing about you and Det. I do love you guys and would never want to offend anyone here in any way. I just thought it would give the group a little giggle. Sorry if I offended you or Det.

Love, Me

Comment

Alright guys...

Believe, at first I thought was all in good fun...hence the joke...now I'm not so sure.

(Though I know Det and am fairly certain he would have taken it that way.)

Like Thankful, I am sorry if I have offended.

Beck
                            Beck

Comment

No nothings been sparked here. I thought Beck was putting down a hobby that she has no intrest in, just becasue shes not into that sort of thing. I wind up on the business end of that kind of thinking quite a bit with some of my hobbies, so it gets a little hard to keep quiet when I see it.

Of course, that wasn't the case at all, she was just kidding and I missed it completley and got all offended. My bad, no doubts about it. No excuses either, I just fucked up. Sorry!

Comment

Believe, it's all good dude!

I have to admit, I thought you were joking at first. I mean to read that right after the "no drama" post, I thought you were just busting ass. You did make me giggle at first. Sorry again that it really upset you.

Hope all else is well with you.

Did you ever try those recipes? Or are you still working to hard to try them yet?

Love, Me

Comment

Working...
                                X