Day 31 and Beyond: Hello, I'm a non-drinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KateH1. Thanks for the history and background of the 30 days and beyond thread. It was also a lifeline for me when I was in my early days of sobriety. And like others have said, I needed the tough love. Sugar coating was not going to work. As a long-term drinker, I knew how to bull shit everyone and unfortunately, not many in my life called me on it.

Nemed. You are so spot on. Making a commitment to an AF life is about stepping out of your comfort zone in so many ways. Of course, there's stopping drinking which is uncomfortable. It's also about making a new life for yourself where there is no room for alcohol. This could mean having a different lifestyle, leaving old friends behind, making new ones, trying things that you've never tried before, setting goals for yourself, etc.

M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

TY for posting on that, Momof3. We are all BSers.

We must all strive to get beyond 30 days and be sober.

Oh, beyond 60 days.

Oh, beyond every single day.

Yes. Today I will be sober, whether it is day 1 or day 2123888000 or whatever.

We cannot drnik. No matter what "day" it is.

Thank you for being here.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

thanks for the thread history.i think ill be popping in here often. im just over 2months AF and loving it but there are always new issues/challenges heading my way. it will be good to have feedback from others in the same place. i am so thankful to MWO for helping me get my life back.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
        X